Before this feature can be added to your instance, your commerce connector code must be on the December 2022 version or newer. Contact your Customer Success Manager for more information.
Use features in Optimizely Product Information Management (PIM) to import product variants types, assign their properties and values, and assign variants to products during the product import process.
Import variant types, properties and value
- Click Import on the Variant Type List page or click Variant Types on the Import list.
- Choose your import file or click Download Template to ensure your data is formatted properly. The template includes a sheet for Variant Type, Variant Properties and Variant Values.
- Click Import.
- New variant types are created, and existing variant types may be updated.
- Variant properties are assigned to variant types with the display style, number of swatches visible, show swatch description and unselected value as defined for each row. If no data is entered, Show Swatch Description defaults to No, and the Number of Swatches Visible defaults to 4.
- Variant values are assigned to variant properties with the swatch options and color/image as defined for each row. If no swatch style is selected, the default is no swatch setup. These can be configured within the application after the import is complete.
- If any required column headers are missing, an error message displays asking you to download the template, update your data and try again. If the system finds any errors with data for specific rows, an error message displays to review and resolve the issues. Click Download to view the errors.
- Close the modal when finished importing.