You must complete the go live checklist to start the provisioning and QA process after you have set the Production Google Analytics and Tag Manager environments. This checklist gives Optimizely access to view your Google Analytics data and sends provisioning details to the Optimizely team.
The go live checklist requires two steps:
- Add Optimizely as a user to your Google Analytics account, granting access to the GA APIs.
- Send an email to Optimizely with key implementation details.
Add Optimizely as a user to access Google Analytics data
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account and click Admin.
- Go to Account > Account Access Management.
- Select the Add icon.
- Enter the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check the box for Notify new users by email.
- Select Viewer for Direct roles and data restrictions and click Add.
- Close the View access management modal.
Send provisioning details to the Optimizely team
This final step is to collect the information that Optimizely needs to provision your B2B Analytics account. Before provisioning your account, the Optimizely team requires the following information:
The Property ID and URL of your Google Analytics account(s):
- Sign into your Google Analytics account.
- Click on Admin, at the bottom left.
- Select the Account and Property that is associated with your GA4 instance.
- Under Property, Select Property Settings.
- The Property ID is listed as the Tracking ID on the Property Settings page.
- Include the Property ID and Website URL in your email to Optimizely support.
- The names and emails of the individuals that you would like to have access to B2B Analytics –The standard B2B Analytics contract includes 5 seats. You can purchase additional seats if needed. Please contact Optimizely support and provide each person's first name, last name, and email. Once Optimizely provisions your B2B Analytics instance, you can change the names of the individuals that should have access by emailing your Customer Success Manager (CSM).
The five customer and product attributes that you would like linked to your instance of B2B Analytics – If you are not sure which attributes would be best, you can leave these fields blank to be added later. Once Optimizely provisions your B2B Analytics instance, you can add or change your customer and product groups by reaching out to your CSM. When selecting the customer and product attributes, consider which attributes your company typically uses when analyzing its customer list and product list.
- Each customer or product must have a one-to-one relationship with the attribute field. For example, a customer can only be assigned to one region.
- The attribute information for each customer or product must be available in the Admin Console of your Optimizely ecommerce site. The attribute may be a custom field, but the data must be visible on the Product Detail or Customer Detail page.
- Examples of common Customer Group attributes are Customer Region, Customer Vertical, Customer size, Primary Customer Warehouse
- Examples of common Product Group attributes are Product Category L1, Product Category L2, Product Type, Product Brand
Send these details to Optimizely support. If the attribute you would like to use has not yet been pulled into the Admin Console of your Optimizely ecommerce site, please work with your implementation partner to have that data linked. Once you have selected the five customer and five product groups for your B2B Analytics instance, please include this information in your message.
Provisioning process for B2B Analytics
Optimizely can only provision B2B Analytics against your Production environment. Provisioning does not occur until there are at least 10 orders in the Production Order Table and one month of offline order history pulled into the Admin Console. The Optimizely engineering team then builds an instance of B2B Analytics for your account, links the necessary data tables to the backend of the product, and begins the QA process.
To ensure that the data is present in B2B Analytics as expected, the Optimizely team sends an email with a raw data file export that they pulled into the B2B Analytics product for approval from you or your partner. Each designated user then receives an automated email with login instructions.