View dashboards and reports for all Optimizely products using Optimizely Reporting. You can access Optimizely Reporting through your OptiID account.
- You must have an OptiID account.
- You must have access to ODP or ODP Lite.
- You must be in the North America (NA) region.
Log in to Optimizely Reporting through the following URL: https://app.reporting.optimizely.com/.
After you log in, your instances and dashboards display on the landing page. Each instance has pre-defined dashboards—click a dashboard to view it.
Click any dashboard to view the pre-defined data and reports:
- Website Activity – Displays key metrics of your website activity. For example, you can view the number of reachable customers, number of website visitors, average page views per visitor, visitors by device type, and more.
- Website Trends – Provides an overview of your website trends. For example, you can view graphs for number of active users over time, number of visitors over time, and number of reachable users over time. All of which include the percent change in active users, visitors, or reachable users between each timeframe.
- Commerce – Provides an overview of your commerce data. For example, you can view key metrics like total revenue, conversion rate, and more. You can also view graphs to visualize your commerce data, like top 10 ordered products in a specific date range, revenue over time, and more.
- eCommerce Lifecycle Metrics – Provides an overview of your customer lifecycle based on data in ODP. For example, you can view graphs for new customers, new purchasers, customers that moved from churned to engaged, and more.
- Key eCommerce Metrics – Provides an overview of your customer and revenue data in ODP. For example, you can view graphs for total revenue, number of unique visitors to your site, average order value, and more.
The dashboards include tooltips for each metric and graph that explain exactly what data each metric and graph display. To view the tooltips, hover your cursor over the information icon:
On each dashboard, you can:
- Filter to further refine the data
- Expand, download, or view a visualization for specific tiles within the dashboard
- Download the entire dashboard
- Change the time zone
Each dashboard has filters you can use to further refine the data. The last time the system refreshed the data displays at the top. Any time you adjust the filters, you must click Reload to apply your new filters.
Expand, download, and view dashboard tiles
To expand a tile on a dashboard, click Tile actions > View > Expanded. From the expanded view, use the left and right arrows to scroll through other dashboard tiles.
To download data for a specific dashboard tile:
- Click Tile actions > Download data.
- Select your desired Format.
- (Optional) Expand the Advanced data options section and adjust how to format the data for the download.
- Click Download.
Specific dashboard tiles have the option to view a visualization (chart/table) by clicking the data on the tile. For that visualization, you can:
- Expand and view the filters for the data.
- Choose to view the data as a Visualization or Table.
- Download the visualization.
Download a dashboard
Similar to downloading a single dashboard tile, you can download the entire dashboard:
- Click Dashboard actions > Download.
- Complete the following fields:
Format – Select PDF or CSV.
- PDF – Generates one file for the entire dashboard.
- CSV – Generates a file for each tile within the dashboard.
Paper Size – Select Fit Page To Dashboard, Letter, Legal, Tabloid, A0, A1, A2, A3, A4, or A5. For more information on A paper sizes, see papersizes.org.
An additional Orientation option (Portrait or Landscape) displays for Letter, Legal, and Tabloid.
- Expand tables to show all rows – Select this checkbox to display all rows in each table.
- Arrange dashboard tiles in a single column – Select this checkbox to display dashboard tiles in a single column.
- Format – Select PDF or CSV.
- (Optional) Click Open in Browser to view the the results in a new browser tab.
- Click Download.
Update the time zone
If you want to change the time zone for your dashboard, click Dashboard actions > Viewer time zone. Select your desired time zone from the Viewer time zone drop-down list, then click Update.