The following is a list of the bug fixes and enhancements provided in the July 2023 Release. Some of the bug fixes listed below may address existing Support Articles. A comprehensive list is at the bottom of this page.
July 2023 release highlights
Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) is now publicly available to all customers. Use VMI to update inventory and place orders with mobile barcode scanning. Features include:
- Access VMI via desktop and mobile app.
- Configure VMI locations.
- Use barcode scanning via a mobile app with automatic order suggestions .
- Use inventory reporting to track slow and fast-moving products.
- There is now a Sign In Overlay option allowing users to log in with the side panel instead of being directed to the Sign In page.
- Elasticsearch v7 has now been fully released with improved synonym recognition, Dimensional Analyzer support, and faster search results. The Dimensional Analyzer recognizes numerical product values for decimals or fractions, allowing customers to locate products based on size and application. Searches using multiple words return multi-word results based on similar names and product titles.
You can now translate the Admin Console and Spire CMS into six languages:
- English (EN)
- German (DE)
- Spanish (ES)
- French (FR)
- Dutch (NL)
- Swedish (SE)
Binary breaking changes do not necessarily require code changes but rather just a recompilation of the project. This section describes breaking changes to method signatures or to the behavior of methods in Optimizely Configured Commerce.
Low risk breaking changes
- Moved method RemoveSpace(System.String stringIn) to another class inside Test Folder. This method is only used in automation projects.
- Modified DependencySystemSettings so that they can be changed without requiring a restart. The system setting for Performance - CacheManager was removed to support this ability. It was not needed due to there only being a single option to implement ICacheManager.
- Fixed removing promo code with multiple free products. Removed CustomerOrderPromotion property from Insite.Promotions.Services.Results.RemovePromotionResult and added CustomerOrderPromotions instead.
- Removed MiniProfiler. This setting was in the public surface area but was not likely referenced by custom code.
Partners/Developers: You can view a cumulative list of breaking changes, including Spire breaking changes, at the bottom of this page. The spreadsheet has two tabs: one for cumulative breaking changes and one for Spire breaking changes.
Database changes and updates
No significant changes.
Library changes and updates
No significant changes.
Enhancements and bug fixes
- Released VMI to general availability, allowing you to track and update warehouse inventory on both the desktop and mobile app.
- Added the option to use the Sign In Overlay in Spire, allowing users to sign in without being redirected to the Sign In page.
- Added five language translations to the Admin Console and Spire CMS.
- Adjusted the default Unit of Measure to respect the Minimum Order Quantity defined for a product when calculating the product's quantity on the storefront.
- Finished Elasticsearch version 7 updates. This version includes searching for products based on size and application and using multi-word synonym searches. See the Dimensional Analyzer for more information.
- Added extensibility options for OpenID SSO, including the ability to customize private classes and to customize UserService to prevent auto-creation.
- Added the ability for PageErrorWrapper to be extendible.
- Added Unlicense and BSD Zero Clause to the list of allowed licenses for 3rd party NPM packages.
- Whitelisted Elasticsearch 7 libraries.
- Improved security and performance for the products API by implementing a configurable max page size.
- Improved security and performance for tracking running integration jobs.
- Fixed missing Nuget package dependencies.
- Fixed an issue where the 3 digit CVV was not being used to authenticate orders with Payeezy in Spire.
- Fixed an issue where the CSD integration processor was not being registered in code when running on the internal WIS in Classic.
- Fixed an unhandled error that occurred when removing a single promo code for an Add Free Product promotion.
- Fixed an issue where the the authorization code was not being stored on EBizCharge transactions in Spire.
- Fixed an issue where removing a promotion code would not remove all free items in Spire.
- Fixed an issue where entering an existing list name when creating a new list would cause the list names to disappear from the Select List drop-down in Spire.
- Fixed an issue where editing in the Mobile App then going to the site while in edit mode changed the theme back to the basic theme.
- Fixed an issue with checking Remember Me and reopening a browser that caused an infinite reload and API error in Spire.
- Updated PageTemplates for new contextual field changes in Spire.
- Fixed an issue where the table headers did not appear in the print or print preview for the Order History page in Spire.
- Fixed an issue where a variant product's API call would still display the attribute even when "Include on Product" was set to False in Spire.
- Fixed an issue where the CustomerAddressFormFields widget would not display the correct state drop-down in Spire.
- Fixed an issue where the SharedListWithBillTo email was not honoring the user's preferred language in Spire.
- Fixed an issue where returning from Order History Details to the Order History List view would lose any previously set filters or page settings in Spire.
- Fixed an issue where editing the shipping address multiple times in a row would show a blank modal in Spire.
- Fixed a Amazon S3 bucket region switch issue in Spire where images would not load and the site would return multiple errors.
- Fixed an incorrect font family that displayed when using the Print Order to PDF function in Order History in Classic.
- Fixed an issue where users were incorrectly taken to the homepage after signing in on the Product Details or Product List page in Spire.
- Fixed an unhandled error that occurred while deleting products from the Cart and Saved Orders page after an Optimizely version upgrade in Classic.
- Fixed an unhandled error that occurred when scheduling email reminders for lists in Spire.
- Fixed an issue where stored credit card tokens and expiration dates were not being written to the CreditCardTransaction table upon checkout in Spire.
- Fixed an error with running database startup scripts.
- Fixed an issue where ETag Cache global temp table reported errors or was null and blank.
- Fixed an issue preventing some users from using IThirdPartySearch interfaces to create search indexers and search provider implementations.
- Fixed an issue where a call to .Add would overlap with a call to FirstOrDefault.
- Fixed an issue where the eBizCharge connector was not associating the first transaction with a new customer when vaulting is active.
- The out-of-the-box Hawksearch connector was removed. Work with Hawksearch and your partner at the project level to implement it.
Related Support Articles