The following is a list of the bug fixes and enhancements provided in the October 2023 Release. Some of the bug fixes listed below may address existing Support Articles. A comprehensive list is at the bottom of this page.
Beginning with this release, Optimizely Configured Commerce versions will be marked with +STS for Short-Term Support or +LTS for Long-Term Support. Short-Term Support (STS) is the same as regular monthly releases, while Long-Term Support (LTS) branches will be released three times a year for more stability. LTS branches receive the previous month's new features that have already been tested on live environments and any hotfixes required on the LTS branch until one week before the next release. See Long-Term Support overview for more information.
October 2023 release highlights
One-page checkout has received additional improvements and functionality:
- Users can now follow the Order Approval workflow.
- The Promo Codes widget has been added to checkout.
- Users can now edit store pickup information during checkout.
- The VMI location now displays higher up on the page and on the Dashboard.
- This change may require existing VMI websites to delete the page title widget which previously existed. Make sure to review VMI pages in a non-production environment
Binary breaking changes do not necessarily require code changes but rather just a recompilation of the project. This section describes breaking changes to method signatures or to the behavior of methods in Optimizely Configured Commerce.
Low risk breaking changes
- Improved logging with type loader exceptions.
The following public method was removed and was not being used in partner code:
Updated the following handlers with a required parameter to determine if the shipping or billing address during checkout should be sent to the server:
- Updated the utility method
client-framework/WidgetReordering.tsto require a new parameter that prevents infinite scrolling while using the Spire CMS drag and drop widget reordering.
Partners/Developers: You can view a cumulative list of breaking changes, including Spire breaking changes, at the bottom of this page. The spreadsheet has two tabs: one for cumulative breaking changes and one for Spire breaking changes.
Database changes and updates
No significant changes.
Library changes and updates
No significant changes.
Enhancements and bug fixes
- Added the Promo Codes widget to one-page checkout.
- Added the Order Approval workflow to one-page checkout.
- Added store pickup information during checkout for one-page checkout.
- Added a "X" option to the Social Links widget for Twitter's new branding.
- Updated the VMI Location selector to show on the same line as the page title and show on the Dashboard page.
- Improved performance for the OOTB Country API call.
- Added retries to the Spire API calling logic when the connection from Spire to the Commerce API is lost and logs an ECONNRESET error.
- Added additional languages for Admin Console translation.
- Updated the Google Analytics 4 integration to include currency when sending data in Classic.
- Fixed an issue where List Email Reminders were sent even if the website was inactive or the Enable Reminders setting was disabled.
- Fixed an issue where the Google Bot was unable to crawl a page with "<" or "^" in the description and displayed a invalid tag error in Spire.
- Fixed an issue where plural search terms did not return singular search term results in Spire.
- Fixed an issue where adding items to a cart after a customer's session expired when sign in was required resulted in a voided cart in Spire.
- Fixed an issue where adding /identity/callback to the URL generated a redirection loop after using SSO in Spire.
- Fixed an issue with dragging and dropping widgets in Spire.
- Fixed an issue where editing the ship-to address during checkout modified the customer's ship-to address in the Admin Console in Spire.
- Resolved build issues for the Addresses page in one-page checkout in Spire.
- Fixed an issue where the Data Exporter job remained in progress when the Parent Category column was selected in Classic.
Related Support Articles