If there is no reachable audience for a campaign preview or test, Optimizely Data Platform (ODP) can expand the audience to allow for the preview or test to proceed. This expansion of the audience only pertains to the previews and tests, not to the campaign's final delivery. Some scenarios that expanded audiences can address:
- A continuous cart abandonment campaign, with only a few cart abandoners per day.
- Campaign constraints restricting sends to recipients to a maximum of once per week.
How it works
ODP attempts the expansion automatically if there is no reachable audience. A warning icon displays in the preview.
The audience is only modified in specific ways, to respect the general definition of the targeted audience segment:
- Ignore other campaign activity requirements such as matched, opened, or clicked specific campaigns.
- Expand timeframes for required behaviors (like when targeting customers who abandoned their cart in the last hour, the timeframe will expand to include cart abandoners from all-time).
- Ignore list subscription requirements.
- Ignore campaign constraints.
- Ignore activity timeframes.
If you see an information icon instead, ODP is not expanding the audience. However, you can toggle the expansion manually to review more samples.