You can apply enrollment rules to campaigns to further refine the campaign's audience. If the campaign is a series of touchpoints, Optimizely Data Platform (ODP) reapplies enrollment rules after every touchpoint based on the current status of the enrollment rule. For example, if you use a list as an enrollment rule, ODP checks the list membership before sending each touchpoint.
To configure enrollment for a campaign, go to Activation > Engage and create or edit a campaign. Within that campaign, expand the Enrollment section.
There are two different enrollment options depending on the campaign type:
- Segment-based enrollment – Use a standard or real-time segment to define users that you want to reach with this campaign. Standard segments are available for one-time and behavioral campaigns. Real-time segments are available for web campaigns.
- Event-based enrollment – Define a specific event, such as when a customer creates an account, that triggers the campaign. This is available for only behavioral campaigns.
- Within the Enrollment section of a campaign, select a segment. This differs slightly for each campaign type:
- One-Time – Select a pre-defined standard segment (and edit it if desired), or click Create New Segment to create a standard segment. For help with editing or creating a standard segment in a campaign, see Create standard segments > Campaigns.
- Behavioral – Select Customers that match a segment, then select, edit, or create a standard segment as described above for one-time campaigns.
- Web – Select All Visitors or a real-time segment. For information on building a real-time segment, see Build real-time segments in ODP.
- (Optional) Click Preview to populate the estimated reachable audience.
- Click Apply to save your selection.
- (Optional) For one-time and behavioral campaigns, adjust the Enrollment Rules as desired. For more information, see the Additional enrollment rules section below.
- Within the Enrollment section of a campaign, select Customers that trigger an event.
- Expand the Filter drop-down list and select an event.
- Expand the Automation Rules section and define the number of messages the campaign sends per person, per hour.
Additional enrollment rules
One-time and behavioral campaigns have an additional Enrollment Rules section with the following options to further narrow your audience, where the underlines denote an editable part of the phrase:
- Must have been active in the past 24 hours – Disabled by default. Click the toggle to enable it.
- Must not have matched this campaign in the last 7 days – Enabled by default. Click the toggle to disable it. Click Add to add more enrollment rules similar to this one.
- Must be subscribed to (select) – Disabled by default. Click the toggle to enable it.