You can apply enrollment rules to campaigns to further refine the campaign's audience. If the campaign is a series of touchpoints, Optimizely Data Platform (ODP) reapplies enrollment rules after every touchpoint based on the current status of the enrollment rule. For example, if you use a list as an enrollment rule, ODP checks the list membership before sending each touchpoint.
Configure enrollment rules
To configure enrollment rules for a campaign, go to Activation > Engage and either create a new campaign or edit an existing campaign. Within that campaign, expand the Enrollment section.
There are two different enrollment options depending on the campaign type:
- Segment-based enrollment – Use a pre-defined customer segment or create one to define users that you want to reach with this campaign. This is available for One-Time and Behavioral campaigns.
- Event-based enrollment – Define a specific event, such as when a customer creates an account, that triggers the campaign. This is available for only Behavioral campaigns.
- Select Customers that match a segment.
This only displays for One-Time and Behavioral campaigns.
- Select a pre-defined segment from the list (and edit it if desired) or create one by clicking Create New Segment.
- Click Preview to populate the estimated reachable audience.
- Click Apply to save your selection.
- (Optional) Expand the Enrollment Rules section to further narrow the campaign's audience.
- Select Customers that trigger an event.
This only displays for Behavioral campaigns.
- Expand the Filter drop-down list and select an event.
- Expand the Automation Rules drop-down list and define the number of messages the campaign sends per person, per hour.