You can use campaign groups to organize campaigns by theme or purpose or to prioritize content from one campaign over another when multiple campaigns are run at the same time.
Create a group
- Go to Campaigns > New Group.
- Name the group.
- Determine the type by selecting Normal Group or Priority Group. A priority group requires additional information.
- Click Save.
Create a campaign for the group
Once a group is created it will appear on the campaign's page, allowing you to create and associate a campaign with this group.
- Select the desired group by enabling the checkbox next to its name.
- Select Create New Campaign.
The group is associated with the campaign and can be edited, saved, and pushed live like all other campaigns. You can view this association in the breadcrumb menu (for example, Campaigns > Group Name > Campaign Name).
Prioritize a group
To enable prioritization, select Priority Group when creating a new campaign group. You must choose which campaign type to apply to all campaigns in the group for sending content:
- Continuous – Each time a customer meets the campaign's enrollment segment and rules.
- One-time – A single time.
- Recurring – All customers that meet the campaign's enrollment segment and rules on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
Complete the additional scheduling information for the option you select.
Prioritization in action
Campaigns within a priority group appear in priority order:
In the example above, all three campaigns in the group send at the same time. Anyone who qualifies for Campaign P1 receives it, anyone who qualifies for Campaign P2 receives it if they did not receive P1, and anyone who qualifies for Campaign P3 receives it if they did not receive P1 or P2. Each time the campaign group sends, each customer can only receive one message.
You can change the order of priority by hovering over the campaign you want to move and dragging the campaign up or down using the drag icon.
An example for this is grouping a browse abandon and a cart abandon campaign so that someone does not receive both.
Edit, move and delete groups
Edit a group's details
You can update a group's name, type, and scheduling information.
- Go to Campaigns.
- Hover over the desired group.
- Click the three-dot icon and select Settings.
- Make the desired changes and click Save.
Move campaigns between groups
Campaigns cannot be moved into or out of groups. Any campaign created within a group will stay in that group, and any campaign created outside a group cannot be moved into one. You can clone a campaign and place the copy in a different group.
- Go to Campaigns.
- Hover over the desired campaign and click the three-dot icon.
- Select Copy and provide the required information, including a new group.
- Click Copy to confirm the creation of the clone.