Integrating with Salesforce Marketing Cloud brings your customer's email activity data over to ODP. ODP integrates the following data:
- Email Activity Data – The last 24 hours of activity (sends, opens, clicks, bounces, unsubscribes).
Data synchronizes daily after the initial import.
Configure Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget)
- Log in to your Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Go to Account Settings > Administration > Account > Installed Packages.
- Click New and name it ODP.
- Click Add Component.
- Select an API integration type and click Next.
- Add the following Permissions and click Save.
- Channels > Email: Read, Write, Send
- Contacts > Audiences: Read, Write
- Contacts > List and Subscribers : Read, Write
Your installed package should look like this:
- Go to Email Studio > Email.
- Click Admin.
- In the dropdown on the left, choose Send Classifications, and note your External Key for your Commercial Sending.
- Go to Subscribers, and note the Subscriber Key (it will be either customer id or email).
Add ExactTarget Integration to ODP
- Go to Administration > Integrations > ExactTarget. Fill in your details to match the those from Salesforce Marketing Cloud App Center.
- Fill in the Client ID and Secret from the ODP Installed Package.
- Select S1 for server instance.
- Fill in the Send Classification (use External Key not name) and Exclusion Filter (this may be left blank) to match how you usually send from ExactTarget.
- The Subscriber Key Type determines how Exact Target subscribers map to customers in ODP. If your subscriber key is a globally unique customer ID, then select Customer ID. Otherwise, select Customer Email (and your subscriber keys must be email addresses).
- Click Save to enable the integration and start the initial import.