When your shoppers opt-in for SMS communications from your brand, send a confirmation message that sets expectations for how often you will contact them, informs them about messaging rates, and provides opt-out instructions.
Create a filter for new SMS opt-ins
Step 1: Create a new filter
- Click the three-dot icon next to Activation.
- Select Filters > Create New Filter.
Step 2: Configure filter
- Name your filter SMS Opt-in.
- Check Account for Visibility.
- Select Events for Feed.
- Set up your filter definition as follows:
- Event Action = opt-in
- Event Type = consent
- Event Phone is not empty
- Save your filter.
Create confirmation message
Create a new behavioral campaign that sends your confirmation message every time a shopper opts-in for SMS.
Step 1: Set up a new campaign
- Create a new behavioral campaign.
- Click Create From Scratch.
- Under Enrollment, select Customers that trigger an event.
- Select your newly created SMS Opt-in filter.
Step 2: Create your SMS
- Add SMS as your first touchpoint.
- Compose your SMS. Be sure to include:
- Your brand name, so your shopper can quickly identify you.
- Confirmation that your shopper is now opted-in. You can also include how frequently you plan to send text messages.
- Your statement about messaging rates.
- Opt-out instructions for the user.
Step 3: Preview
- Click Preview to see what your SMS would look like to your target segment.
- Click on the preview screen to display the full message in the phone’s messaging app.