If you allow your customers to opt in to your SMS campaigns by texting you a keyword, you must have a transactional campaign running in the background to ensure that your customers’ SMS opt-in status is updated accordingly.
Create filter for incoming SMS keyword
Step 1: Create new filter
If you encourage your customers to opt in to your promotional SMS messages by texting you the keyword “GO,” configure a filter for incoming text messages that contain this keyword:
- Click the three-dot icon next to Campaigns.
- Select Filters > Create New Filter.
Step 2: Configure filter
- Name your filter SMS Engagement - Opt-in.
- Select Account for Visibility.
- Select Events for Feed.
- Set up your filter definition as follows:
- Event Type = sms
- Event Action = engage
- Campaign Event Value ≈ go
- Use matches as the operator instead of equal to avoid issues with capitalization.
- Save your filter.
Create a transactional campaign with a Zaius Channel touchpoint
Create a new transactional campaign that will update your customer’s SMS opt-in status.
Step 1: Set up new campaign
- Create a new transactional campaign.
- Click Create From Scratch.
- Under Enrollment, select Customers that trigger an event.
- Select your SMS Engagement Opt-in filter.
Step 2: Set up a Zaius Channel
- Select Zaius Channel as your first touchpoint.
- Under Targeting, choose Phone as the Target Identifier.
- Toggle on subscriptions, then select Subscribe under Changes to the identifier’s global consent.
- Go live with your campaign.