- Optimizely Web Experimentation
- Optimizely Web Personalization
Tags capture information that displays on the pages of your website—the parts of the pages that visitors engage with, such as type of product and what it costs.
Set up tags alongside events to collect important data about visitor behaviors. Then, use this information to group visitors by behavior, called behaviorally targeted audiences. For example, you might group visitors who clicked a product that costs more than $100. Or, tags can help gather the data needed to run an Optimizely Web Recommendations experiment.
The following example shows how to set up a tag:
- Go to Implementation > Pages and select the page where you want to add a tag. You can also create a page instead.
- Next to Visual Tags, click Create.
- Click the element to which you want to attach a tag.
The editor automatically populates the Selector for the element you chose. You can enter the element’s selector into the Selector field if you prefer.
- Enter a Name for your tag.
- Click Save.