- Optimizely Web Personaliation
Find resources that let you instrument your site, create campaigns, and deliver personalized experiences.
Prepare your site
Before you build your first campaign, there are a few important things for you to do:
- Custom snippets in Optimizely Web Experimentation – Enable the correct snippet configuration.
- Snippet order of activation – Learn about the order of execution.
- Prepare Optimizely Web Experimentation for your site – Set your site up for flexible personalization.
- Manage collaborators – Set permission levels for your team.
- Manage projects – Divide your account into workspaces with different sets of collaborators and snippets.
- Pages and URL targets – Choose where you personalize your site.
- Events - Track what visitors do on your site and use events to deliver behaviorally targeted experiences.
- Tags – Track how visitors interact with parts of your site and use tags for behavioral targeting.
- Audiences – Specify visitor groups to deliver personalized site experiences to.
- Cookies and localStorage in the Optimizely Web Experimentation snippet – Learn about the cookies that Optimizely Experimentation uses.
Create campaigns & experiences
Create your personalization campaigns and tailor the experiences with the Visual Editor:
- Six core concepts of Optimizely Web Personalization.
- Create a campaign in Optimizely Web Personalization.
- Visual Editor – Create a personalized experience for your site.
- Create reusable templates for custom features using Extensions.
- Holdback: Measure overall impact of personalization - Set a percentage of visitors who do not see a personalized experience.
Ideas to help you get started
- Inspiration for Personalization
- Best practices: From research to hypothesis creation
- Strategy essentials: Personalization
- Plan a messaging matrix for personalization
- Build Experimentation-in-Personalization campaigns
QA and troubleshoot
Use these techniques to make sure your personalization works the way intended:
- Test Optimizely Experimentation – Ensure that everything looks and works the way you want it to.
- Experiments – Identify and fix issues with your campaign.
- Not seeing the right experience in a campaign – Run these checks if you do not see the experience you expect.
Turn results into action
Explore results to measure the impact of your campaign and learn more about your visitors:
- The Results page for Optimizely Web Personalization – Track how your personalized experiences perform.
- Take action based on the results of an experiment – Build on winning variations, learn from losing ones, and iterate.
- Segment your results – Gain insights on specific groups of visitors.
- Iterate on campaigns and share results in Optimizely Web Personalization.
Grow your optimization program
Use The Optimization Methodology as a guide to build an impactful optimization program.