- Optimizely Feature Experimentation
- Optimizely Full Stack (Legacy)
- Optimizely Web Experimentation
- Optimizely Performance Edge
- Do you see no conversions at all for a certain metric on the Results page?
- Do you see a higher or lower number of conversions than expected for a certain metric?
Check the snippet
Make sure that the Optimizely Web Experimentation snippet is on your page as high as possible in the <head> tag, and that there's only one Optimizely Web Experimentation snippet on the page. Optimizely Web Experimentation works best when installed directly in the <head> tag of every page where you would like to track a goal. See Implement the one-line snippet for Optimizely Web Experimentation.
Then, check that the experiment is published and the snippet is up to date. See Check that the snippet is up to date.
Check that the origin is set
If you haven't specified an origin in snippet settings, events may not track correctly. Optimizely Web Experimentation uses local storage to synchronize experiment and variation IDs across protocols and sub domains, so you'll need to specify where Optimizely will be running.
See Cross-origin tracking in Optimizely Web Experimentation for how to list the domains where Optimizely Web Experimentation runs and events are tracked.
Check whether the event is firing
In a running experiment, check whether the event is firing on the page. If the event isn't firing, it may not be set up correctly.
Check your event setup to verify that it targets the right selector. See Events: Track clicks, pageviews, and other visitor actions.
If you see the event fire in the console but not on the Results page, proceed to the next step.
Check experiment or campaign activation on the page
- Check the
LayerStatesfield in the network traffic. If the
layerStatesarray does not include an entry with
layerIdequal to the campaign ID, the visitor has not activated the campaign.
- If you expect the experiment or campaign to be active on this page, make sure it's published and running. If you expect the campaign to have been activated in the past on a different domain, you may need to set up cross-origin targeting.
If none of the above steps help, submit a ticket with Support and include the following information (especially important for custom events):
- The name & ID of the relevant event and how is this event implemented?
- How to trigger the event conversion? (specific steps, which URLs to visit, specific actions one needs to perform, and so on)
- If there is custom code related to the event, include where is it implemented.