The Jobs menu provides access to the integration jobs a user has submitted. The menu displays if a job was a success or failure. Clicking the job record will drill into the Job Detail record. These records are accessed from the Jobs button on the top navigation, or from All Jobs History in the Administration section of the Primary Navigation menu.
The Job Detail record provides information regarding the job such as:
- Job Number
- Job Start Time
- Job Message
- Job Status
- Button to return to the specific menu from which the job was initiated
- Button to view all jobs
Working with the jobs menu
In this scenario, a user needs to export the all the products into Excel so she can analyze their current mix of products on the website. Because of the large number of products, this job can take some time to run. The user would like to complete other tasks in the Admin Console while waiting for the job to complete. Fortunately, all integration jobs, which includes both imports and exports, run in the background and the Jobs menu will notify the user when the job is complete.
Performing an export
- Go to Admin Console > Catalog > Products.
- Click Export.
- Ensure that Products is selected as the item to export.
- Select the desired columns to export.
- In the Primary List Header, click Export.
- The user can now move on to other tasks within the Admin Console and the Jobs menu, as shown below, will provide status.
Reviewing the export status via the jobs menu
- After the Export job has started, the Jobs menu will display a number that corresponds to the total number of active jobs. In this case, only one Job is active.
- Clicking the Jobs menu will display the status of the job.
- Within the Jobs menu, clicking the job takes the user to the Jobs Detail page and it provides a link to download the file.