The Optimizely B2B Commerce Content Management System (CMS) allows for contextual content. Contextual content allows ISC_Content users to manage a variety of content for a website based on who is viewing the site (personas), the device they are using, or the language they prefer.
Working with language variants
Multiple language variants provide site visitors with a more tailored experience, providing them the information they need in their preferred language. To manage this, update site widgets with the desired language variants.
- Change the site's language.
- Hover over the CMS icon and click the Show CMS pencil icon in the upper left hand corner of the website.
To change content in the CMS, a user must be assigned an ISC_Content role (ISC_ContentEditor, ISC_ContentApprover, or ISC_ContentAdmin) or the ISC_FrontEndDev role.
- Click Content Tree and select the page containing the widgets to be modified.
- Click Edit.
When a widget displays content for the default language rather than the selected language, that widget is outlined in yellow and an exclamation point icon appears. This indicates that content does not exist for the selected variant language, so the default language is displayed.
- Click Edit on the widget to be modified.
- A yellow exclamation point displays next to any field name displaying the default content. The field also shows the default language (outlined in red below) currently displayed.
- Add content in the appropriate language.
- Click Save. The language variant is now displayed, the outline around the widget is now orange, and the exclamation point is gone.
- If you click Edit again on the modified widget, the field now shows the variant language.
- Test this by switching back and forth between the languages, using the language selector the top of the screen.