In this scenario, a user wants to copy a website to create another website. The user wants to create a website for specific customers and also wants to copy content from the user's main website to the new website. This process is used in initial development of a website and should be accessed only by developers or Optimizely representatives. You cannot use this to copy a site from one environment (that is Sandbox) to another environment (that is Production). See Copy Content Between Websites and Environments for more details.
Only ISC_System users can create websites. For an ISC_Admin user to create websites, they must first be given permission to access the theme entity, configured in the Application Dictionary.
Below are the steps to copy content to a website.
- Go to Admin Console > Websites
- Click Edit for the website that will be copied.
- Click More Options in the Secondary Header and click the Copy/Export Website button.
- Enter the Name, Domain Name(s), and Microsite Identifier. The microsite identifier appends the URL (ex. knowledge.insitesoft.com/microsite). Microsite identifiers should be added for microsites ONLY, not for subdomains.
If the site is a Microsite, the Domain Name is the same as the parent site. For example, if the parent site can be accessed at knowledge.insitesoft.com, enter knowledge.insitesoft.com in the Domain Names field. Subdomains in Sandbox need to follow the form: <microsite>-<site>.insitesandbox.com.
- Check the box if the copy is to be set as the parent website.
- Using the check boxes, select what content will be copied to the new website:
- Categories ( Copying categories can cause site slowdown, therefore it is recommended, when selecting this option, to do so during off-peak hours.)
- Configuration Options ( This includes Website Settings.)
- Cross Sells
- Application Messages
- Bill To/Ship To Address Fields
- CMS Content
- Click Copy.
- In the Primary Header, click View Website and launch the new website to verify copy success.
- Due to delays with the DNS, it may take time for the microsite URL to become active.
- Any Settings uniquely set for the copied website will carry over to the newly created website.
- At least one language must be assigned to the site before the website/storefront will spin up.
- A site restart is required before a user will have access to the CMS tree for the microsite.
For details on microsites in Spire see Microsite support in Spire.