Optimizely B2B Commerce v4.4 introduced the Lists feature, which is a more robust replacement for Wishlists. The Lists feature behaves much in the same way as Wishlists, but provides additional benefits, which are covered in more detail in the List Management section.
After upgrading to v4.4, the My Lists pages are not available by default and are only created after running the Content Creators tool. This was done intentionally to both maintain backwards compatibility and to allow for testing of the new page designs. Once the Content Creators tool has run, Wishlists and My Lists will coexist on the storefront.
All storefront links dynamically update as needed, so when only Wishlists exist, links will work; if Wishlists exist alongside My Lists, links to both will work; and when Wishlists are ultimately removed, all links will point to My Lists. Therefore, if any hardcoded links exist, they will need to be updated.
It is strongly recommended that My Lists be tested in your sandbox environment first. This allows internal users to test for any unexpected issues and validate any custom CSS. Once you are ready to test the new list pages, follow the steps below:
These steps should be run within your Sandbox environment prior to upgrading in Production:
Creating the new my lists pages
- Go to Admin Console.
- From the primary toolbar, click Debug Tools. Only users with the ISC_Implementer and/or ISC_System roles have access to the Debug Tools.
- Select the Content Creators menu item.
- The Content Creators page is displayed with a list of available ContentCreators.Cloud customers do not have the option to create custom ContentCreators; only those provided by Optimizely are displayed.
- Select the Run button for Insite.WishLists.Content.MyListDetailPageCreator, Insite.WishLists (this also runs the Insite.WishLists.Content.MyListsPageCreator, Insite.WishLists creator - if you select MyListsPageCreator first, you will then need to manually run the MyListDetailPageCreator separately.)
Review new my lists pages
- Go to the storefront and select the My Account menu to see and test out the new My Lists pages.
- Once the new My Lists pages have been validated, the Wishlist pages can be deleted.
Deleting the wishlist pages
- Go to the CMS
- Select Content Tree and then Edit.
- Find the Wishlist pages and delete them.
- Remember, all links update dynamically unless they were hard-coded.
The Content Creator tool specifically targets only the website the Admin Console is pointed at. So, if you are running more than one website, you will need to repeat the steps for each website.