You can manually create credit card transactions within the Admin Console under Sales > Transactions. This allows users to resubmit orders for customers for various business reasons.
Submit a new transaction
To see credit card transactions, set the Application Dictionary setting creditCardTransaction to Can View.
- From the Admin Console, go to Sales > Transactions.
- Click More Options.
- Select Submit New Transaction.
- Select the Transaction Type
- Authorization - You request an authorization when a customer makes a purchase. An authorization, provided by the customer's card issuing bank, confirms the cardholder's ability to pay, ensuring that the customer's credit card account is in good standing with sufficient funds to complete the purchase.
- Sale - A sale combines the authorization and capture process in one transaction. Credit card associations require that you submit a sale transaction request only when you fulfill an order immediately. For example, when selling an item over the counter in a retail store. Transactions that include physical shipments are not fulfilled until shipment, usually sometime after the customer 'purchases' the product, and so would not qualify as a sales transaction.
- Enter the Order Number of the order you want to resubmit.
- Enter additional information in the remaining fields:
- Click Submit Transaction.
The order status will be either Open or Submitted, depending on the Transaction Type you selected.