Ready to get started with Optimizely PIM? Here are the steps you should follow to get the best head start on your PIM implementation:
- First, request access to your site. Contact your implementation partner to get started, or reach out to your Customer Success Director if you are unsure how to contact your partner.
- While you are waiting for access, sign in to Optimizely Academy and take your Optimizely PIM Path training. This includes three courses: What is Optimizely PIM?, Configure Your Product Information, and Add and Maintain Your Product Information. You do not need to complete these all at one time; feel free to take them at the pace that makes sense for your implementation.
- Head to B2B Commerce Help and review the documentation in the What Do I Need to Know Before Implementing Optimizely PIM? section.
- Once you have access to your site, sign in and take the Welcome to Optimizely Guide tour. This will give you an understanding of Optimizely Guide and how it can help you become more familiar with PIM.
- In PIM, go to Configure > Properties and take the Tour of Properties walkthrough. Most likely, you will start your implementation by configuring properties, so it is important to be familiar with how to create them in your site.
After completing these steps, check-in with your partner on what makes the most sense to train on or configure in PIM based on your implementation project.