Before you launch the Optimizely PIM integration, you should check that you have the correct settings and jobs for each product. Use these steps as a starting point for your customer's go-live countdown. This list is not comprehensive; your customer may require additional setup or specific timing to have a successful rollout.
- Ensure all PIM-related settings are set up as desired.
- Run the Refresh Approved Products job in Production to get the current data set from sandbox to production. Make sure the lookback days parameter is set to run far enough back in time to get all data. Alternatively, you may choose to do a site copy or an export of data from your sandbox environment into your production environment.
- Ensure the Publish Approved Products job is not running in the sandbox environment.
- Configure the Publish Approved Products job to run in the production environment.
- Update the Active Publishing Environment setting in PIM from sandbox to production.
- Test to verify that the jobs are running properly and all the data looks good in production.
- Set up the Refresh Approved Products job in the sandbox environment if the customer wants the data to be in sync with production.
Once these steps and any customer-specific tasks are completed, PIM and your site will publish and sync data at the interval you have specified in the appropriate environments. You should continue to monitor the PIM integration jobs at regular intervals going forward.