Before you launch Optimizely PIM integrated with Optimizely B2B Commerce, you and your team will want to ensure you have all the correct settings and jobs in place in each product. Use these steps as a starting point for your customer's go-live countdown. Keep in mind that this list is not comprehensive; your customer may require additional setup or specific timing in order to have a successful rollout.
- Ensure all PIM-related settings in the B2B Commerce Admin Console are set up as desired.
- Run the Refresh Approved Products job in Production to get the current data set from sandbox to production. Make sure the lookback days parameter is set to run far enough back in time to get all data.
- Alternatively, you may choose to do a site copy or an export of data from your sandbox environment into your production environment.
- Ensure the Publish Approved Products job is not running in the sandbox environment.
- Set up the Publish Approved Products job to run in the production environment.
- Update the Active Publishing Environment setting in PIM from sandbox to production.
- Test to verify that the jobs are running properly and all the data looks good in production.
- Set up the Refresh Approved Products job in the sandbox environment if the customer wants the data to be in sync with production.
Once these steps are completed, including any additional customer-specific tasks, PIM and B2B Commerce sites will be set up to publish and sync data at the interval you have specified in the appropriate environments. As a best practice, you should continue to monitor the PIM integration jobs at regular intervals going forward.