Use Category Product Sorting to see a comprehensive view of a website's hierarchy, and set sort priority for products in each category. If you set sort priority, products sort descending by highest value within a category. If you do not set sort priority, products sort ascending in alphabetical order.
Set product sort priority
- Go to Admin Console > Catalog > Category Product Sorting
- Select a website from the drop-down in the upper left corner.
- The website's categories appear below the drop-down. Select the arrow next to a category to view all associated subcategories, or click Expand All to view all nested categories and subcategories. Click Collapse All to collapse the hierarchy.
- Select a category or subcategory to view all products assigned to it.
- Click Edit next to a product to edit the product's sort priority. Products sort descending by highest value within a category. For example, 7 shows first, 6 shows second, 5 shows third, and so on.
- To edit multiple products at once, select the check boxes next to each product, then click Edit at the top of the screen.
- Rebuild the product search index (Marketing > Indexing > Rebuild Product Index) to see sort priority changes on the website.