Specifications are content tabs that contain additional product information or data. These tabs appear on the website at the bottom of the product detail page, and can be customized to suit each product's needs.
ISC_ContentAdmins and ISC_ContentEditors can create product specifications. If the user with the Content Editor role is not also a Content Approver, their specifications must be approved.
- Go to Admin Console > Catalog > Products
- Click Edit of the Product that will have the Specification added.
- Click the Specification tab.
- Click Add Specification to add a Specification record to the Product.
- Enter the Specification information:
- Name - A text field containing the name of the specification content area
- Description - A text field containing the description of the specification content area
- Active - A toggle that indicates if the specification content is active
- Sort Order - A numerical field that indicates the sort order of the specification content area
- Value - A text field containing the value for the specification content area
- Click Create Revision and enter the specification content in the editor.
- Click Save.
- To make the content available on the website, a Content Approver or Content Admin must click Publish.
Import specifications to add detail to multiple products fast. To import specifications, ensure products exist in the Admin Console, then follow these steps:
- Go to Admin Console > Catalog > Products.
- Select Export to export the existing product list. Select Specifications from the export drop-down menu.
- Ensure the Name, Sort Order, Description, Active, Category, and Current Default Content (Content.Html) columns are selected, then click Export.
Note:Selecting Category from the export screen produces; Category.Language, Category.Website, Category.Parent Category, and Category.Name. Those fields are not required for an import of a specification and are not populated fields within the exported document. They have been listed to ensure the products are listed on the website for this tutorial. Not selecting the Category field will still allow you to import specifications.
Product.Product Number Name Sort Order Description Active Content.Language Category.Website Category.Parent Category Category.Name Content.PublishToProductionOn Content.Html SME-LIS-789 SME-LIS-789 1 PackQty 1 en-us Revival Power Tools Grinders 5/13/2020 Your order quantity must be in multiples of the pk Qty in the Description
- Once the export is complete, select Download File .
- Open the export file. The Product Number column is the primary key and identifies the product when the spreadsheet is imported into the Admin Console.
- Add the name of the specification tab in the Description column.
- In the Current Default Content or Content.Html column, add the text the user sees in the specification tab.
- To add more specification tabs for a product, create additional rows following the same schema.
- Save the export file, and ensure all cells are formatted as Text.
- Return to the Admin Console, and go to Catalog > Products.
- Select Import. Select Specifications from the import drop-down menu.
- Browse for and select the saved spreadsheet, then choose from the import options at the bottom of the screen. Ensure Update Existing Records is checked, and check other options as needed.
- Click Import.
- Once the import completes successfully, go to the website to view the updated content.