This article ignores the use of the Import Template provided by the Admin Console and instead relies on exporting a blank or populated User list. Start from an exported User list to ensure the spreadsheet contains the correct headings and data columns.The basic premise is to export the existing user list, even if it is empty, populate it with the new users, and then import it back into the Admin Console.
- Go to Admin Console > Administration > Users.
- Click Export in the Secondary Header.
- Open the exported Excel file and populate the necessary information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- User Name
Although none of these fields technically are required to upload new customers into the user list, they are required for the customers to be authenticated into the system properly.
- Save the Excel file.
- Click Import on the Secondary Header.
- Select whether Console Users or Website are being imported.
- Select the file and make your selections in the Import Options section.
- Click Import. The import job will be submitted to the job queue and users will be added upon success of the integration job.