Although the majority of implementation work is managed through integration with the client's ERP or other platforms, much of Optimizely B2B Commerce's functionality can be performed manually. Create a site manually to produce demo sites for sales presentations, test site performance, or train on the platform. Below are the steps required to set up enough features to complete a transaction on the website. This provides a solid foundation from which multiple areas of functionality can be built or demonstrated.
- B2B Commerce sets Currency, Language, Country, and State by default. However, a best practice for platform understanding is to go through these steps manually.
- This article assumes the website has already been installed.
- Creating a new currency, Create and assign a currency
- Creating a new language , Create and assign a language
- Create and assign a state and countries
- Create and assign a carrier
- Create carrier services
Create a customer
- Set as Bill-To (must have one bill-to otherwise user cannot log in) https://b2bcommercesupport.episerver.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001795946-Configurable-Customer-Address-Fields
- Set as Ship-To (must have ship-to for checkout process otherwise you�ll have to create new) https://b2bcommercesupport.episerver.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001795946-Configurable-Customer-Address-Fields.
Create and assign website users
- Website Users must be assigned to at least one customer.
- Website Users must be assigned to at least one website
- Activate user (Send Activation Email)
- Email stored in c:\Temp by default
- Create and assign a payment method
- Create and assign a product
- Create a category
- Assign products to a category
- Rebuild the Product Search Index - go to the Admin Console > Marketing > Search > Indexing, and select Rebuild All
- Complete the checkout process to validate.