Mailings Classic will be deactivated on 2022-03-01.
To migrate Mailings Classic mailings to Smart Campaigns and edit them there, follow these steps.
- In Smart Campaigns, select a Mailings Classic mailing from the list and click Copy. The selected mailing is duplicated and displayed as a campaign in the Smart Campaigns editing window.
- Edit the campaign if necessary.
- Click Save and Close. The Save campaign dialog box opens.
- Enter a new name if required.
- Click Save.
Mailings Classic is only available in the classic Optimizely Campaign user interface. See Start page.
Open the start menu and select Campaigns > Mailings Classic. The window shows mailings that were created with this client/account.
- Status. Indicates whether the mailing was sent, is being sent, or is still being worked on (status = new).
- Start date. Only filled in if a date is set for a mailing.
- Type. If your account is authorized to display the type, the corresponding column displays the specific type of each mailing. Types may be selected from the following:
- Regular: Standard mailings.
- Special/API. Mailings that are unique and activated using an interface (API) or an event. For example, a prepared mailing that every recipient receives once each year, such as on his or her birthday.
- Registration confirmation. Prepared greeting mails are sent to new recipients.
- Templates. Pre-configured mailings that contain sender information or content to simplify new mailing creation. Mailings of this type cannot be started.
Mailing action buttons
The buttons below the mailing list start one of these actions.
- Create. Create a new mailing and configure the mailing within a few steps. If your client is configured for different marketing channels, you can create emails and short messages.
- Copy. Copy an existing mailing. The entry fields (subject, content, recipient list and so on) are filled with the same values as the source mailing.
- Edit. Change the values in a mailing, only if sending is not started.
- Delete. Delete a mailing that was not sent.
- Start. Start a mailing.
- Abort sending. Cancel the sending of a mailing.
You cannot restart an aborted mailing.
- Split: See A/B test.
- Preview. Display a personalized preview of a mailing with the following steps:
- In the Mailing drop-down list, select a mailing.
- Click Preview.
- In the Recipient list drop-down list, select a recipient list then a recipient.
- Click Show.
- For Print mailings, you can also save the preview as a PDF. To do so, click Save result as PDF.
The area in the below half of the screen offers information about your mailings. Select a mailing from the list above.
- Details. Displays data about the selected mailing, such as ID, name, creation date, sending date, recipient lists and target groups.
- Report: Displays the most important report data for the mailing. Until the mailing is started, fields are empty or zero.
Some fields show two values. The italic value indicates a unique value, such as a unique user action. If a recipient clicks one link several times, this counts as one unique click because the same recipient clicked the same link.
If percentages for Gross-... are indicated, the value is related to the total number of recipients for a mailing. If the Gross-... prefix is not used, the value relates to the number of Recipients w/o bounces. The latter is the more practical count, because it refers to recipients who received the mailing and could react, either in the form of opens or clicks.
The following values are displayed in the summary:
The following list is only a summary of the most important core indicators. More comprehensive reports can be found under Reports.
- Recipients. Number of recipients to whom Optimizely Campaign attempted to send a mailing.
- Recipients w/o bounces. Number of recipients whose email addresses did not produce a bounce (message of non-deliverability).
- Recipients skipped. Number of recipients to whom the mailing could not be sent because their addresses were false.
- Recipients in queue. Only applies to mailings currently being sent. Number of recipients who were not sent a mailing.
- Unique bounces. Number of unique non-deliverability messages received by Optimizely Campaign after a mailing.
- Unique bounce rate. Percentage of unique bounces.
- ... of which are hard bounces. Percentage of hard bounces.
- ... of which are soft bounces. Percentage of soft bounces.
- Unique opens. If a recipient opens a mailing several times, this option only counts them as one unique open.
- Opens. Number of opens.
- Unique open rate. Percentage of unique opens in relation to the number of recipients w/o bounces.
- Open rate. Percentage of opens in relation to the number of recipients w/o bounces.
- Unique gross open rate. Percentage of unique opens in relation to the number of recipients.
- Gross open rate. Percentage of opens by recipients.
- Unique clicks. Number of unique recipients that clicked an arbitrary link in a mailing. It does not matter how often and which link was clicked.
- Clicks. Number of clicks.
- Unique click rate. Percentage of unique clicks in relation to the number of recipients w/o bounces.
- Click rate. Percentage of clicks in relation to the number of recipients w/o bounces.
- Unique gross click rate. Percentage of unique clicks in relation to the total number of recipients.
- Gross click rate. Percentage of clicks of recipients.
- Effective unique click rate. Percentage of unique clicks in relation to the unique opens.
- Unique unsubscribes. Number of clicks on the unsubscribe link.
- Unique unsubscribe rate. Percentage of clicks on the unsubscribe link in relation to the number of recipients w/o bounces.
- Unique gross unsubscribe rate. Percentage of clicks on the unsubscribe link in relation to the total number of recipients.
- Content preview. Displays the mailing and its subject line.