The DPAG order reference is only available in Smart Campaigns.
Deutsche Post assigns a DPAG order reference number to sent print messages. You can view the DPAG order reference in Optimizely Campaign and obtain the following information:
- date and time that your print message was sent
- number of sent print messages assigned to the order reference
- format of the sent print messages, for example, DIN A4
- dispatch type: expedited or standard delivery
- print mode of sent print messages: single or double-sided
To view the DPAG order reference for your print messages, do the following.
- Open the Optimizely Campaign menu and select Campaigns > Smart Campaigns. All campaigns appear in the list in the top half of the window.
- In the Smart Campaign overview, select a print campaign and click Analysis.
You can view the DPAG order reference for both Smart Campaign print messages and transactional mails in the Print marketing channel.
- In the Campaign analysis window, on the message node under DPAG order reference, click Details.
- The information box shows the DPAG order reference, the postal delivery method, the number of sent print messages, the format, the distribution method and the print mode.
The information may contain several DPAG order numbers, as one print message may be assigned several DPAG order numbers. This might occur if you resend a message, and Deutsche Post AG assigns a new order number for the second delivery. The number of related order numbers is shown in the message node under DPAG order reference.