The Settings menu lets you configure the Content Dashboard.
- Configuration. Create master or IP address filters.
- Shared Views. Lists views shared by Content Dashboard users.
- Topic Selections. Displays private or shared selections.
Select Settings > Configuration to:
- Create master or IP address filters.
- Specify which hostnames and domains can access this instance of Content Recommendations.
If you saved a filter for the Content, Insight, or Engage dashboards, you can select it from the drop-down as the default dashboard view. For example, if you save an Engage dashboard to view only web widgets, and set that filter as your Master Filter for Engage, only web widgets appear when viewing the Engage Dashboard.
Exercise caution when setting up a master filter, because master filters are global for a given view. You should only set up a master filter if you will never need to look into a specific delivery, such as email.
IP address filters
If you set an IP range, any interactions from that IP range are removed from reporting. This is also retroactive. So if you made many clicks yesterday and then add your IP address, your clicks from yesterday will not show up in reporting. The End IP address is optional.
Enter the hostnames and domains that belong to the Content Recommendations installation. Place each item on its own line.
This whitelist is different from the property whitelist. Property whitelists are for tag-based implementations; configuration whitelists are for NuGet-based implementations.
Each dashboard has a Share this View link near the title. Click Share this View to send a link to someone whom you want to see the data.
To see a list of shared views of the same type (Content, Insight, Engage, Topic Performance), click Manage Shared Views from the dialog box.
To see all shared views, go to Settings > Shared Views. Click any view to see the data.
- Click the link icon to copy the URL to the shared view, to send it to someone.
- Click the lock icon to revoke access (closed lock) to the shared view , or again to reinstate it (open lock).
Displays private or shared selections.
To create a new topic selection, click + Create Topic Selection, enter the selection title, and select the topics you want.
Click a topic to view it. You can add topics (as shown in the following image) and click Save.