The Admin Console is the nerve center of Optimizely Configured Commerce. It provides all the necessary tools and information to properly configure and maintain Configured Commerce websites. This article provides information on how to navigate and manipulate the console.
Log in to the Admin Console
Enter the username and password provided to you by your admin.
The Admin Console does have a lockout feature enabled by default. If a user has made 5 failed login attempts, the account is locked for 5 minutes. After the 5 minute period has expired, a user can retry an additional 5 times and the cycle repeats. A developer could disable or modify this feature as needed.
The Primary Header is a persistent control, available throughout the Admin Console. It contains the following options:
- Primary Navigation expands and collapses the Primary Navigation along the left side of the console.
- The logo links back to the Dashboard page.
- Debug provides access to tools designed to help Administrators debug issues. This button is only available to the System Admin role.
- Help provides access to support articles and a link to the Optimizely Support site.
- View Website displays a menu which provides an option to toggle the CMS Content Editor on or off. The menu also displays a list of available sites where content editing can occur.
- Jobs displays the number of currently active jobs. Click the Jobs button to display the 5 most recent import or export jobs. The displayed jobs are clickable and linked to the details of the selected job.
- User Profile provides access to the user profile page, where the user can update their email address and password.
- The Sign Out button logs the user out of the Admin Console and returns the user to the sign-in page. Clicking the Sign Out button also clears all cookies for the current session.
- Breadcrumb displays the current path to the active page.
- Home also serves as a permanent link to the Dashboard.
Not all breadcrumb text is clickable, as there is not always an associated page with each breadcrumb item. The non-clickable breadcrumb items are displayed to provide navigational clarity.
The Primary Navigation menu can be expanded or collapsed using the Primary Navigation toggle in the upper left corner of the console. The Primary Navigation menu provides access to all areas of the Admin Console. Click sections within the menu to either display the corresponding page or show a subsection of related pages. This behavior continues for all subsequent section titles.
As shown in the example below, the active section icon displays green, and a green circle displays to the left of the active page.
Primary list page header
The Primary List Page Header is positioned below the Breadcrumb and serves as the page toolbar. The actions or tools within it vary depending on the which page is active. Below is a list of the buttons and actions found within the Primary List Page Header.
- Page Name is always displayed on the upper left-hand side of a page and is preceded by the number of records in the current list.
- Import and Export allow for the importing and exporting of data to and from the list.
- Delete allows for the deletion of any number of selected records in the list. It will display as a trash icon when there are records selected to be deleted.
- Assign allows any number of selected records to be assigned to another record, that is assigning Users to Customers or Products to Customers. This button is only displayed on lists where assignments are an option.
- Edit allows for the editing of single or multiple records.
- More Options provides access additional functionality, such as rebuilding various indexes, refreshing the ERP, or copying a record.
- Add Sales Rep is context-specific, in that the name displayed on the button changes to coincide with the action take on the current list. In this example, the action is to add a Sales Rep.
The Secondary Header, like the Primary List Page Header, contains items that may or may not appear on every page. Below is a list of the buttons and actions that can be found within the Secondary Header.
- Record Counter, displayed directly above the selection column, shows the total number of records selected in the list.
- After at least one record has been selected, a Show menu appears to the right of the record counter, allowing the option to filter for only the selected records.
- The Quick Filter allows the user to select a column and then filter records based on what is entered in the search field.
For 4.3 Advanced Filter navigation, see the documentation on Advanced Filter.
- Pagination pages the user through a list.
- Column Options provides the option to reorder the columns and add or remove columns from the list. Clicking this button also gives the option to reset the list to the default set of columns.
Although it is possible to add an unlimited number of columns to the view, this may negatively impact the readability of the data.
- Select All in the List Header provides the option of selecting all the records in the list or deselecting any selected records..
- Clicking the column headers sorts the list by the records within the column. Column Sort shows if the column is sorted top to bottom, bottom to top, A to Z or Z to A, and so on
- Selected Row allows for the selection of multiple records for the purposes of editing, deleting, or assigning.
- For lists that let users edit, clicking Edit lets you edit a particular record by opening up the sub-screens and providing more details.
- For lists that are read-only, clicking View Only lets you view a particular record by opening up the sub-screens and providing more details.
The items listed in this section are context-specific and therefore may not appear on every page.
- Finger tabs allow users to go through the various subpages of a particular record.
- Field Translation opens a window to provide translation of the field text in multiple languages which are displayed on the website.
- Help opens the help menu to provide more detailed information on the respective field.
The Configured Commerce Advanced Filter functionality makes it easy to find the perfect product, customer, or order record in just a few clicks. Sort product records by model number, customers by city, and order history by Sales Rep, or choose from any of the numerous options to personalize your record view. The Advanced Filter is available in multiple sections of the Admin Console, including Sales, Catalog, and Customers. To access the Advanced Filter, click a correlating section, like Customers.
Assigning advanced filters
To activate the Advanced Filter, click Advanced Filter on the left side of the screen. Each Admin Console section includes its own list of filtering options; for example, Customers may be filtered by more than forty different options, including Country, Default Warehouse, and Primary Sales Rep. Click an option to add it to the List Action Bar.
Once an option is added to the List Action Bar, it no longer appears in the Advanced Filter drop-down.
Click the added filter option to assign values. Different options present" different values; for example, click Country to view a list of selectable countries, and choose one or multiple countries. Once the option has been assigned a value, the value appears next to the filter option in the List Action Bar. If multiple values are assigned, the word "Multiple" appears.
To remove a filter option, click Remove. When a filter option is removed from the List Action Bar, it reappears in the Advanced Filter drop-down. Removing all filters resets the list and displays all records.
Advanced filter types
Some filter options require additional text input; for example, the Customer section's Postal Code option.
- Add Postal Code as a filter option, then click it.
- Enter a number in the text box at the top of the list, then select one of the radio button options, like Starts with. The list automatically updates to include the chosen values.
- Select Empty at the bottom of the radio button list to view all records without existing data in that field.
- Select Not empty at the bottom of the list to view all records with that field filled.
Some filter options support Boolean, or binary values; for example, the Customer section's Ignore Product Restrictions option.
- Select either Yes or No from the drop-down; both values may not be selected.
- Clear the "clutter" from the Advanced Filter values using the Show Selected option.
- Select one or multiple records using the check boxes, then click Advanced Filter.
- Scroll to the bottom of the options list, then choose Show Selected to view only the selected records.
- Alternately, click Show Archived to view all archived records. This option is not available for non-archivable entities.