Within list pages, Optimizely Configured Commerce allows you to select multiple records. To accomplish this, each record in a list is preceded with a checkbox. When multiple records are selected and then edited, they are grouped together allowing users to click through the selected records to assign content.
To perform a multi-select and assign, use the following steps:
For this example, the focus will be on the Products list assuming this scenario: A user needs to assign a series of new products to their respective categories.
- Go to Admin Console > Catalog > Products.
- Using the check boxes, select all the Products that need to be assigned to new or different categories.
- Select the Show Selected filter to verify the correct Products are selected.
- In the Primary Header, click the Edit button. Do not click one of the Edit buttons adjacent to a list item.
- Click the Categories tab, which displays the currently assigned categories.
- Select the Website from the List Header menu
- If necessary, click the Expand or Collapse buttons to expose or hide the category hierarchy which provides more or less detail about the displayed categories.
- Click the Assign Categories button.
- Again, if desired, click the Expand or Collapse button to provide more details about the category hierarchy.
- Using the check boxes, select the desired Category or Categories.
- Click Assign.
- Click Done.
- All assigned categories are now displayed.
- Click the Next record button to repeat this process for the next item.
- When finished, click Done in the Primary Header.