A Custom Landing Page is an Optimizely Configured Commerce feature that allows Configured Commerce Administrators to assign a specific URL to a customer. This URL displays a personalized welcome message, product suggestions, or relevant news to the user after they log in to the commerce site. Custom Landing Pages provide customers and their users with a tailored site experience, providing them with immediate access to products that may interest them, or simply making them feel welcome when they visit the site.
When a customer's users access the commerce site and sign in, they automatically are redirected to the specified Custom Landing Page. If no Custom Landing Page is specified, the user is redirected to the authenticated Home Page.
While Personas and Custom Landing Pages serve similar functions, Custom Landing Pages are more reliable. As Personas are designated to users upon each login, and may change based on multiple factors, the Custom Landing Pages function is recommended for customers that require special webpages.
Create a Custom Landing Page
- Log into the Admin Console.
- In the Primary Toolbar, click View Website, and select the desired website.
- Click Show CMS.
- Click Content Tree to expose the left hand navigation.
- Click Edit CMS.
- Hover over the Home section and then click the Chevron button to the right.
- Select Add Page.
- Choose the appropriate Item Type and Template, then click Next.
- Enter data in the required fields:Name, Title, and URL.
Make note of this URL, as you will need it in a later step.
- Click Save.
- Click Add Content of the Content Zone to add content widgets to the page.
When all content has been added to the page, click Publish at the top of the screen to make the page live.
Assign a Custom Landing Page
After creating a Custom Landing Page, assign the page to a Customer.
- Go to Admin Console > Customers.
- Search for an existing Customer or click the Add Customer button to add a new customer.
- Click Edit for the desired Customer.
- In the Details finger tab, add the new page's URL to the Custom Landing Page field.
Make sure to enter the full URL, as captured in step 9 from the steps above.
- Click Save at the top of the screen.