The language variant feature lets site visitors view pages in a selected language. Spire uses contextual content for who is viewing (personas), the device used, and the preferred language.
Use language variants
- You have added the non-default language to the site.
- You must have an admin role: CMS_ContentEditor, CMS_ContentDeveloper, CMS_SiteEditor or CMS_SystemAdmin
Use these steps to translate the page's content:
- Choose the language for content translation.
- Select a page containing the widgets to be translated.
If content does not exist in the selected language, the widget is yellow with an exclamation point and shows the default language.
- Click Edit on the widget. The field shows the current language.
- Add content in the selected language.
- Click Save. The widget changes to orange and shows the new language variant.
- If you click Edit again, the field shows the variant language.
- Complete steps 3 through 5 for every widget that you want to translate.