The B2B Commerce database contains a Nightly Maintenance stored procedure which cleans up abandoned shopping cart records, maintains the application log and removes obsolete scheduled task records. The Nightly Maintenance stored procedure should be scheduled to run each night during non-peak hours. This can be accomplished within your SQL server or by creating a Nightly Maintenance Scheduled Task within the Optimizely B2B Commerce Admin Console. There are four finger tabs related to the creation of an Integration Job: Details, Steps, Parameters, and History.
Details finger tab
- Click Add Job Definition.
- Populate the following fields as shown:
Field Name Field Properties Job Name Something akin to "Nightly Maintenance Job" Job Type Execution Connection* Internal Preprocessor None Integration Processor None Post Processor ExecuteStoredProcedure
*The Connection is defined by the Connection created in the Connections page: Admin Console > Administration > Jobs > Connections. It is here that type of connection is defined:
- Scroll down to the Notifications section, populate the following fields:
- Scroll down to the Run Options section, populate the following fields:
Fields Field Properties Max Errors Before Failing The number of errors allowed to occur during processed before the job terminates. Max Warnings Before Failing The number of warnings allowed to occur during processed before the job terminates. Max Deactivation % The number of products deactivated by the integration job before it triggers a failure. This is to protect from misconfigured or incorrect integration job definitions.
- Scroll down to the Recurrence section, populate the following fields:
Fields Field Properties Run as a Recurring Job Choose whether to run this job as a recurring job. Start Date/Time Date and time for when the first job will start. End Date/Time Date and time for when the last job will finish. Repeat Every Enter the number of recurrences in relation to the frequency of None, Minutes, Hours, Days or Months.
Steps finger tab
Nothing required within the Steps finger tab.
Parameters finger tab
- Go to Parameters finger tab.
- Click Add Job Definition Parameter.
- For Stored Procedure, enter the name "NightlyMaintenance" as the default value. This directly correlates to the name of the stored procedure that is deployed with the platform.
- Select the Value Type of String.
- Enter the Default Value.
- Enter the Prompt as the Stored Procedure Name.
- Click Save and then click Back or using the breadcrumb trail, click Nightly Maintenance Job. The newly created parameter is displayed within the Parameters finger tab list.
History finger tab
The History finger tab provides a list of previously run jobs and their respective metadata.
Manually running the job
- To manually start the job, click More Options and select Schedule Job.
- From this window, choose the Date/Time
- Using the Yes/No toggle, decide if it should run as a Real Time Job or not.
- Click Schedule Job.