The Admin Console manages all Carriers used for all websites. This centralized management allows for Carriers to be updated in one location and then have those updates apply to all assigned websites. A carrier must have at least one service assigned before it is visible on the website.
To create carrier services, see Create Carrier Services.
Create a carrier
- Go to Admin Console > Shipping & Fulfillment > Carriers.
- Click Add Carrier.
- Enter the Carrier's name in the Name field.
- Optionally, enter the appropriate information for Contact Name, Phone, Email and Image Path.
- If the new carrier should be the primary carrier, change the Primary Carrier toggle to YES.
- Enable the Carrier by changing the Enabled toggle to YES.
- When configured, the Tracking URL field provides order tracking information. See Shipment Tracking for how to set up this feature.
- Use the Live URL and Test URL fields to employ a rating service. When the Is Live toggle displays Yes, the console uses the Live URL to run the rating service. When the Is Live toggle displays No, the console uses the Test URL.
- The Rating Service is the method the console uses to get real-time or flat-fee pricing for each shipping option.
- A Rating Service must be selected. Not specifying a Rating Service results in the Carrier not being available on the website's checkout screen.
- A Zones finger tab displays if the ZoneWeight is selected as the Rating Service, allowing for the configuration of the necessary zones.
- Depending on the selected Rating Service, populate the Account Number, User Name, Password, and Access Key fields.
- Click Save.
Modify the carrier packages
After the first order is placed on a website, a default package appears under the Carrier's Packages finger tab. The system uses this package to determine shipping charges for customers when using the Carrier or package rating services. Use the steps below to customize the package or add an additional package:
- Go to Admin Console > Shipping & Fulfillment > Carriers
- Click Edit for the desired Carrier.
- Select the Packages finger tab.
- Click Add Carrier Package to add a new package.
- Populate the following fields: Name, Length, Width, Height, and Max Weight.
- Click the Active toggle to display Yes, which makes this package the default for the package rating service. Activating a new Carrier Package deactivates the formerly active Carrier Package.
Although many package sizes can be customized, only one can be active at a time.
- Click Save or Save and Add New.
After you create a carrier, you may want to create Rules, which determine when the carrier does or does not appear as a selectable option on the website. If there are no rules assigned, the carrier always appears on the site, provided it is set up correctly.
For example, Carrier A is only available to customers in Canada. A user could create a carrier rule that stated the carrier appears if Order Ship To Country = Canada. This prevents the carrier from appearing if the user's selected Ship To Country is any other country.
To create carrier rules:
- In the Admin Console, go to Shipping & Fulfillment > Carriers.
- Click Edit next to a carrier.
- Select the Rules finger tab.
- Use the rules engine to create one or more rules. For more information on the rules engine, see the Rules Engine Overview article.
- Click Save.
Assign the carrier to the website
A carrier must be assigned to a website before a user may select it.
- Click Websites on the left side of the Admin Console.
- Click Edit for the desired website.
- Click the Carriers finger tab.
- Click Assign Carriers.
- Select the checkbox for the desired Carrier.
- Click Assign and click Done to save.