Will-call and store pickup allows your customers to choose nearby warehouses to pick up their orders, verify inventory at selected locations and indicate pickup dates. Enabling this functionality increases customer self-service, improves handling of time-sensitive orders and gives your customers the flexibility to choose the fulfillment method that meets their current needs.
To enable this functionality, you need to update your theme and do some storefront work.
Customers will see an option to select their fulfillment method and location in the header, both before and after signing-in. They can save or update their default fulfillment method through My Account > Settings.
They can select their pickup location through a window that shows nearby warehouses and their service hours.
The header shows the fulfillment selection and pickup location.
When customers select Pick Up as their fulfillment method and designate a warehouse, the inventory availability messaging throughout the site indicates stock for that warehouse only. Additionally, the system calculates taxes based on the pickup location, and any location-based restriction group rules apply.
Restriction groups are based on the customer records, not the actual addresses. When Pick Up is selected, the restriction is based on the Ship-To customer for the order, even though the selected Ship-To is not displayed.
Enable warehouse pick up
Use the following steps to enable warehouse pick up and display the options for your customers to choose.
- Go to Administration > System > Settings and search for Enable Warehouse Pick Up.
- Set the Enable Warehouse Pick Up setting to Yes. A selected warehouse on the storefront will be set as the pickup location for the order. Default value is No.
- Set the Enable Request Pick Up Date setting to Yes, if desired. A selected warehouse on the storefront will be set as the pickup location for the order. Default value is No.
- Go to the Pick Up section, under Shipping settings.
- Set or update the Number of Warehouses Shown Per Page. The default is 5.
- Set or update the Search Radius setting for pickup locations. The default is 50. Users can also change this preference when setting their location.
Allow backorders for pickup
Enable the setting to allow backorders for pickups, if desired.
- Go to Administration > System > Settings and search for Allow Backorders for Pickup.
- Set Allow Backorders for Pickup to Yes. Users can purchase products with no inventory in stock for orders being picked up at a warehouse. Default value is No.
- Click Save.
Create will-call or pick up carrier
You first need to create a carrier to handle your will-call or pick up services for your warehouse records.
- Go to Shipping & Fulfillment > Carriers.
- Click Edit next to an existing carrier, or create a new will-call or pickup carrier.
- Enter a name, select Yes for Enabled, then click Save.
- Click the Services tab.
- Click Add Shipping Service to add services, or click the Edit icon to update services for your warehouses or other locations.
- Set Warehouse Pick Up to Yes for each service you add or update. This populates the Shipping Service for Pick Up at this Warehouse menu that appears on warehouse records.
- Click Save and Back.
Update warehouse to allow pick up
Indicate which warehouses are available for pick up for your customers.
- Go to Shipping & Fulfillment > Warehouses.
- Click Edit next to an existing warehouse, or create a new warehouse.
- Set the Allow Warehouse Pick Up option to Yes under General Information on the Details tab. Users can select this warehouse as a pick up location. The warehouse must have address information that is geolocated for the pickup location to display properly.
- Enter the times the warehouse is open for pick up in the Hours field, which will display in a tooltip on the pick up locations page.
- Select a Shipping Service for this warehouse (the carrier you created previously) from the Shipping Service for Pickup at this Warehouse menu.
- Verify the fields under Address Information are correct.
- Click Geolocate to populate the Latitude and Longitude values for the warehouse.
- Click Save.
- Select the Websites tab to assign a website to a warehouse for it to appear on the Select a Pick Up Location window.
- Click Assign Websites.
- Select the checkbox next to the sites where you want this warehouse to appear.
- Click Done and Save.
- Click Back to create or edit additional warehouses.