Attributes are assigned to Categories of Products that may share similar properties across all products. For example, a Category of Goggles may share Attributes such as Lens Type, Size, and Gender. To assign Attributes to a Category, follow the steps below:
- Go to Admin Console > Catalog > Categories.
- Click Edit on the desired Category to assign the Attribute.
It may be necessary to expand the Parent Category to show the Child Categories, if a child is the desired Attribute target.
- Select the Attributes finger tab.
- Click Add Category Attribute.
- Select the Attribute Type from the drop-down.
- Ensure the Active toggle state displays Yes. If set to No, it sill not show anywhere on the site as a filter.
- Enter the appropriate Sort Order number.
- Click Save.