Often, preconfigured kits and bundles are stored in a company's ERP or PIM system. However, there may be occasions where it is necessary to create a permanent or temporary kit and bundle, known in the Admin Console as a fixed configuration. Use the following steps to create a fixed configuration.
While these do appear on the website, orders with these configurations can be saved, but CANNOT be added to a List.
- Go to Admin Console > Catalog > Products.
- Click Add New Product to create a new parent product, which serves as the container for the bundled items.
- Click Save to save the new parent product.
- Click the Configuration finger tab.
- Click the Fixed Configuration Type radio button.
- Click Add Configuration Section.
- Enter a Section Name on the Details Tab.
This typically is a logical description of the collection of products.
- Click the Options finger tab, and click Add Configuration Section Options.
- Select the Product Id from the field.
- Determine if the product price will be used to calculate the configuration price.
- Enter the Sort Order and click Save.
- Repeat steps 8-11 for each product to add to the configuration.
In order for the product to show on a website, the Product must be added to a Category, and the Search Index for Product and Category must be rebuilt. To rebuild the indexes, go to the Admin Console > Marketing > Search > Indexing.