Optimizely Configured Commerce classifies imports and exports as integration jobs. This allows you to monitor for success or failure on the Job page. Click Upload or Download in the Admin Console to start the job.
Imports and exports follow the XLSX file limits. This file format specifies a worksheet size of 1,048,576 rows and 16,384 columns.
Click Upload on a page such as Products, Categories, or Users to import data. You can also download an import template by clicking Download Template. See Work with the import template for more information.
Complete these steps to import with a template:
- Format all template cells as text.
- Remove all sample rows except for the column headers.
- Browse for the file and choose the desired import options:
- Validate file before importing – Choose Yes to have the Windows Integration Service (WIS) to check the import data for errors. If it finds an error, the import process stops, and a notification displays with further options. Because the setting commits each row individually to the database then reverses the change, if you have data in a row that depends on data from a previous row (such as a variant tied to the variant parent), it fails during the validate but not during the import. Optimizely recommends using this setting sparingly as it takes more time than actual processing. Choose No to continue the import. Any errors display in a report.
- Ignore blank cells – Choose Yes to ignore blank cells and not overwrite existing. Choose No to allow the import to remove existing data.
- Update existing records – Choose Yes to push changes from the import file to existing records, like a promotion rank change.
- Ignore modified date – Choose Yes to allow the import data to override existing data. Exported data includes the ID and modified timestamp. If you re-import the data with changes, the system checks if the record was changed before the export and, if it was, it records an error unless this setting is set to Yes. If the modified date is not in the spreadsheet, this setting has no impact.
Click Import to start the import. Because the internal integration service runs the import in the background, you can complete other tasks in the Admin Console. Any errors that occur display on the Admin Console screen.
Unassign by import
You can also unassign related product data by importing.
- Go to Products > Upload > Product Related Product.
- Download the template.
- Fill in the required information.
- Set the Unassign column to True for any related products you want to unassign.
- Browse for the file and choose your desired import options, as above.
- Click Download on a list page to access the Export page.
- Choose what you would like to export.
- Select whether to export Selected Products, Filtered Products, or All Products.
- Select the columns to include in the export. There is no limit to the number of columns that can be selected.
- Click Save as Default Selections to save the selected column list for future exports.
- Click Export to begin the export.
As with imports, you can work on other tasks in the Admin Console while the export job completes.
Review import and export status
Once an import or export has started, you can monitor the status by going to Administration > All Jobs History.