This data is used internally by Optimizely Campaign. It is not part of emails sent to mail recipients.
Enter a name to identify your mailings, such as "Customer Newsletter from May 23, 2018" or "Product Information for Ball Bearing 234/3 Rollout".
The Description field is optional. Content here shows up in the Overview menu item. Select a mail format:
- Text only. Use for most personal emails. You cannot include images, colors, or bold text.
- HTML only. Use to mail in HTML. Be aware that recipients may receive unreadable emails if they have older email software that cannot display HTML.
- Multipart. Contains content in text and HTML formats. The HTML version is shown to most recipients. If the recipient's email software cannot display HTML, the text version is displayed.
Some people prefer HTML mail because of additional features and information (images, color highlighting and so on), while others prefer text email to read without graphical distractions. Consider letting recipients choose between text and HTML format when subscribing to your newsletter, and save this information in your database.
Notes for print mailings
When using Mailing Classics to create print mailings, consider the following information.
Name and Description of the mailing are only used internally. The name should be meaningful with regard to content, recipient and date of dispatch. For example, enter Advertising letter July. The description is optional.
If your user account is activated for this, you can select in the Mailing Type drop-down list whether it is a regular, a special or a template mailing:
- Regular / Newsletter. Are sent once to a recipient list (for example an advertising letter).
- Special / API. Created once in the system and triggered via an interface (API) or events (for example a birthday card).
- Template. Cannot be shipped. They serve as templates for new mailings and are already preconfigured.
In Mailings Classic three standard formats are available. Select one of the formats from the selection list:
- Letter DIN A4. The standard letter offers you the greatest possible flexibility. You can send single and multi-page letters. Letters are folded to DIN lang format and are enveloped.
- Postcard DIN A6. Choose this format for advertising response cards, info postcards and so on. Do not fill in the fields on the front. These are intended for the sender, address, franking zone and coding zone. The reverse side can be completely filled with content (in compliance with the minimum margins).
- Postcard DIN lang. Choose this format for jewelry postcards, info postcards and so on. Do not fill in the fields on the front. These are intended for the sender, address, franking zone and coding zone. The reverse side can be completely filled with content (in compliance with the minimum margins).
You have two options for sending print mailings. Fast dispatch is selected by default.
- Fast dispatch is selected by default. The delivery is typically made within two working days if the mailing starts before 20:00 h (CET). Delivery may happen on the third working day in exceptional cases or if the mailing starts after 20:00 h.
- Cheap dispatch is only permitted for purely promotional communication (for example, direct suggestions to buy, offers, or calls for donations). The delivery is generally made within six working days from when the mailing starts.
See also: Information about print messages.