Use the Optimization view to optimize the search manually. You can select search phrases in the Statistics view, and transfer them to Optimization view. Or, you can manually enter search phrases into Optimization view's Phrases field.
To access Optimization view, from the toolbar, click Search & Navigation > Manage > Optimization.
What to look for
- Frequently-searched phrases indicate "hot" topics, content that visitors assume is on your website.
- Search phrases without hits reveal content missing from your website or a need to improve a content item's ranking in search results.
- If visitors search for content that is related to but not stored on your website, consider adding a connector to index an external website.
- Search phrases with low click-through rates may indicate that the content description is insufficient, or that the title or description is not attractive enough. In the latter case, create a best bet with a custom title and description to promote the content.
- By clicking a search phrase in the list, you see other phrases that the same visitor searched for. For example, if someone searching for project plans also searched for planning and tracking projects, respond by adding missing content, or creating synonyms or best bets for these phrases.
Using the Statistics View data, try the following content optimization tasks.