Optimizely manages the Release Management part of the beta, as well as setting up your company group for testing during our onboarding process, but it is your job to add testers to this group.
Optimizely encourages you to add multiple testers during each beta. It is your choice how many people to invite and whether to include customers and/or partners as testers.
Add Testers to Google
Android testers get email notifications from Google Play when Optimizely makes a release for closed beta testing.
- Sign-in to your Google Play Console account.
- Expand the Settings > Manage testers section.
- Select your list, which is your company name. You need permission to edit this group.
- Add email addresses separated by commas or click Upload CSV. If you use a CSV file, put each email address on its own line without any commas. If you upload a CSV file, it overwrites any email addresses you've added.
- Click Save.
Add Testers to iOS Test Flight
iOS testers get an invitation email to start testing from Test Flight when Optimizely assigns a build to the group.
- Sign-in to your App Store account.
- Click My Apps, select your app, then click TestFlight.
- Select your group, which is your company name, under Testers and Groups.
- Select the Testers tab and click the plus + icon and select Add New Testers or Import from CSV.
- Enter the tester's Apple ID Account email address and name. This generates an email invite to test.
If you want to open up your beta for external testers, contact Optimizely and we will set that up for you.