You can use widgets to target promotions or content to customer segments by creating a widget that only appears for one customer segment.
These steps apply to any widget available for that particular page.
Create content visible to a customer segment
- Select the page for the targeted content.
- Select a customer segment that should see the content, such as Signed In.
- Add a widget containing text or images for these users.
- Click Edit to begin editing the page.
- Select Edit in the row table and choose the desired configuration. If not, proceed to the next step.
- Click Add Widget within a cell.
- Search for or select a widget.
- Add content to the widget. If needed, review the Work with Widgets in Spire article.
- Click Save when you are finished.
Now, only Signed In users see this widget's content.
Hide content from other customer segments
You can also hide content from customer segments.
- Select a customer segment to hide content from.
- Click the widget's Edit button.
- Clear the content then type a space in the text editor.
- Click Save.
- Click Publish, then click Publish again in the Publishing Home window to approve the changes.
- Complete steps 1 through 5 for all customer segments that should not see this content.
- Test the widget by toggling between customer segments.