Optimizely Customized Commerce lets you create and deploy an ecommerce website, using content management and back-end web shop management.
See Getting started to log in, access features, and work with the Optimizely user interface.
Catalogs and products
You can manage catalogs, product categories, and products. Catalogs are independent from each another. See Catalog features.
- Structure and organize catalogs into categories, products, SKUs, bundles, and packages.
- Add new products and change a catalog's structure.
- Add or modify a product in one location to automatically update all e-commerce websites and channels.
- Run multiple catalogs in parallel on the same platform.
- Associate and recommend related products to increase up-sell and cross-sell opportunities.
Use the Orders subsystem to monitor, track, change, or create new orders, ship out items, and ship to multiple addresses. You can also create returns or exchanges.
- Create purchase orders with split payments, split shipment, split shipping addresses, and other options.
- Create recurring payments and process them automatically.
- Create a one-page checkout or let customers make a purchase without registering on your site.
- Use multiple payment types, currencies, and shipping options—including tax and shipping calculations that automatically show your customers their costs, including duty and taxes—so you can expand your business into new markets.
Store customer records and track orders placed across multiple websites. See Customer management.
- Access shopping carts and wish lists to see what your customers want.
- Manage internal users, customers, partners, and organizations through the same interface. Generally, only your team of internal users has access to administration with varying access to the subsystems and menu items within each system.
Pricing and promotions
You have control over promotions, from developing custom discounts to deciding when the campaign should go live.
- Manage promotions from the Marketing system.
- Choose a preset promotion or create a custom campaign.
- Create your own promotions or use built-in ones such as Buy N of product X and get a discount or Buy N of product X and get one free.
- Create a promotion that displays either before or during checkout.
- Apply a shipping cost discount.
- Develop custom campaigns and pricing based on sales seasons or regions. Optimizely Customized Commerce automatically shows customers targeted promotions based on their industry, interests, demographics, or other data. The built-in pricing and information rules include volume pricing, tiered pricing, and pricing for specific customer groups.
Multi-site and language features
Create and deploy two or more localized ecommerce websites on a single platform.
- Control your product catalogs, customer data, and local market data in a unified web interface.
- Manage your content, products, and regional settings for multiple markets with globalization support.
- Reach international customers with multiple language, payment, shipping, tax, and currency options. For example, you can create custom promotions for specific markets to further drive sales, enable regional origin, or drop shipping to better support international operations.
Create content in one place and share and distribute it to multiple channels, such as mobile, social, email, and on the ecommerce website.
- Create targeted campaigns by offering a special promotion code to anyone who likes your Facebook page or scans a QR code in a mobile campaign.
- Add new channels for future use.
Customized Commerce gives you total control over who can access your ecommerce website back-end so that only authorized users can modify your website or view customer data.
- Configure access rights for users, user groups, and functions. Customized Commerce has roles for managing store procedures and website content and files.
- Create access based on personalization and visitor groups using virtual roles.
- Set up your own roles.
Marketers and merchandisers work from the editor to create and update content.
- Create a campaign or a landing page and edit product content in the product catalog.
- Create news or an article with content related to the products in your web shop.
- Drag and drop content blocks or pages into the content area of another web page to create dynamic websites putting important content in focus.
- Create targeted content through personalization. Optimizely Customized Commerce lets you define personalization criteria such as the number of orders and amount spent within a defined period, along with customer buying intention for a product type or category.
- Create product landing pages by uploading content and dropping it into place. Shared blocks automatically update content throughout your site.
Administration and configuration
You can manage ecommerce administration and configuration tasks.
- Set up shipping and payment gateways, default language, currency, units, tax configuration, and search.
- Manage common website administrative tasks such as setting access rights for web pages in the page tree and block folder structure, management of scheduled jobs, and language settings.
Customized Commerce 13 documentation
See the file below for documentation on functionality specific to Customized Commerce 13. Also see the obsolete functionality table for information on features that are no longer available, are replaced by new functionality, or have been removed from Customized Commerce 13.