Content on an e-commerce website is usually products from the product catalog, which are exposed through types of categorization, faceted navigation or filtering.
In Optimizely Customized Commerce, content is information entered into CMS pages and blocks, and information related to e-commerce catalog entries such as categories, products and variants. Catalog content often is based on data retrieved from external systems.
Different user groups update content. For example, merchandisers organize the product catalog, manage pricing and enrich the product information, whereas marketers and editors create campaign pages and promote products.
Catalog content consists of various types of catalog entries, such as categories, products, variants, package and bundles. The Catalog view lets you:
- Create new categories and add products and variants to these in the product catalog structure. See Working with categories.
- Browse the catalog tree to see the structure of catalog entries, and the content types on which they are based.
- Create relationships between catalog entries using drag-and-drop functionality.
- Edit catalog entries such as categories, products and variants from the On-Page Editing or the All Properties editing views.
- Add text, media such as images and videos, and links to properties in different content types such as adding a product description. See Managing content.
- Manage pricing across products, markets and customer groups, compare prices filtered by markets and customer groups, and make adjustments as needed. See Managing pricing.
- Create a link to an entity in the product catalog using the Link tool. From the Create Link dialog in the editor or a link property in the content, you can create a link to a catalog, a category, catalog entry, or a variant.
- Create a link to a marketing campaign or promotion using the Marketing content field.
- Publish changes directly on the website, or schedule it for later publishing.
You can access the Catalogs gadget in the CMS and Optimizely Customized Commerce asset pane. Use the gadget to drag catalog entries into the rich-text editor or a content area of a CMS page or block, to display and promote product information, such as a campaign page.
You can also use the Catalogs gadget to create relation links between catalog entries by dragging catalog items into the Relations tab of other catalog entries. See Related entries.
To properly display product information when used in other types of content, the rendering templates must be adapted to display catalog content.
Multiple language content
E-commerce businesses often exist in multiple markets that require your website to be available in several languages. You can manage catalog content in multiple languages, and also activate multiple languages for the Optimizely Customized Commerce user interface. See Multi-language management.
The personalization feature in Optimizely CMS targets content to specific visitor groups. For example, you can design campaigns based on recent orders or the total spent amount for a customer. The personalization option is available in the rich-text editor, and is also applied to available block on your website. See Customized Commerce personalization criteria.
Optimizely Search & Navigation and best bets for catalog content
Optimizely Customized Commerce-specific gadgets
This legacy section is being retired. If you want to read the Optimizely Customized Commerce Orders gadget (Legacy) documentation, see version 19-2, or earlier, of the user guide.