The following is a complete list of the bug fixes and enhancements provided in the January 2022 Release. Some of the bug fixes listed below may address existing Support Articles. A comprehensive list is at the bottom of this page.
November 2021 Release Highlights
There are no specific highlights for this release.
Important notes/Breaking changes
There are no high or medium priority breaking changes that occurred during this release.
Low risk changes are:
- Resolved an issue where bot traffic caused JToken errors during server side rendering in Spire. When Spire is using server-side rendering (SSR) to produce a page, it forwards most headers to back-end APIs. The Accept header indicates what content types the browser supports. If the value of this header directs the API to return XML, many APIs will fail, typically leading to a “JToken” error in the logs.
To fix this, we no longer forward the browser Accept header during Spire SSR, allowing the APIs to return JSON as intended.
All base APIs are compatible with this change. A custom API that has unusual dependencies on the Accept header may not work as it did before.
- Added new Admin Console settings for Windows SSO: "Storefront Caption", "Storefront Application ID URI", "Admin Console Caption", and "Admin Console Application ID URI". Added property (IsExternalUser) to non extensible interface (IAdminUserProfileRepository) and property (IsExternalUser) to non extensible interface (IUserProfileRepository). Note the Active Directory breaking change that resulted in this potential issue.
- Added hreflang flag to the sitemap for sites configured for multiple locales in Classic. Added property (AlternateLanguageUrls) to non extensible interface (IPage).
Partners/Developers: You can view a cumulative list of breaking changes, including Spire breaking changes, at the bottom of this page. (Note the two tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet: one for cumulative breaking changes, one for Spire breaking changes.)
There are no database changes for this release.
- Made accessibility fixes to Mobius
- Made accessibility fixes to the Checkout page in Spire
- Improved accessibility of the Cart in Spire
- Improved accessibility of the Product List in Spire
- Added hreflang flag to the sitemap for sites configured for multiple locales in Spire (see Overview of multi-language and translations)
- Added a Product Search Path setting and option in the Translation Dictionary to translate the search URL in Spire
- Added a search rebuild version 2 process to improve speed and performance of index builds. Optimizely encourages customers to upgrade to version 2. However, some customizations may require additional effort to ensure proper functionality. Customers should verify upgradability with their partner. Customers also will need to opt in on version 2, although the new default for resets to default search will be version 2. Note that the version 2 option is only available to ISC_Implementer roles.
- Removed the record limit for the OData export process to increase performance of data exports (see Admin API architecture)
- Improved Category API performance
- Updated icons in the Admin Console
- Added new Admin Console settings for Windows SSO: "Storefront Caption", "Storefront Application ID URI", "Admin Console Caption", and "Admin Console Application ID URI" (see Set up Microsoft Azure SSO)
- Added hreflang flag to the sitemap for sites configured for multiple locales in Classic (see Overview of multi-language and translations)
- Added functionality to honor role claim mapping when a user signs in using OpenId Connect SSO (see Set up OpenId Connect SSO)
- Modified logging process for containerized sites so that logging flows through Elasticsearch logs (see Review application logs)
- Removed authentication credentials for ERP Connectors in debug logs
- Added three flags to Customer Order/Cart and Order History tables to improve quality of B2B Commerce Analytics data: "OrderSource", "OrderMethod", and "IsCommerceOrder" (see B2B Commerce Analytics configuration considerations)
- Fixed an issue where recently viewed products did not display until a user refreshed the page
- Fixed an issue where invalid sitemap URLs incorrectly returned a 200 error instead of a 404 error
- Fixed an issue where Extensions dll in the dist folder was ignored during the deployment process
- Fixed an issue where order confirmation emails incorrectly added state information for shipping addresses that did not have state values
- Fixed an issue where the initial cursor hover on categories in the header navigation did not display arrows indicating additional subcategories
- Fixed an issue with Unhandled Error occurring when customers tried to access a brand for which a product line did not exist or which they were restricted from viewing
- Fixed an issue with a validation error occurring when saving content in a Rich Content Widget in Classic
- Fixed an issue where product images were missing from line items in order/invoice history PDFs that were shared by email
- Fixed an issue where a blank field displayed above the message "We're sorry, there were no products found" when a user searched for a non-existing product using Search Within Category within a Filter section for a category
- Fixed an issue where the PIM Refresh Published Products integration job failed when syncing new PIM properties to B2B Commerce attributes
- Fixed an issue where saved orders showed incorrect orders when filtering by dates due to time zone discrepancies
- Fixed an issue where order submissions did not apply entered shipping discounts
- Fixed an issue where unknown job definition updates occurred in audit logs
- Fixed an issue with Unhandled Error occurring during checkout due to case-sensitive field requirements in the database
- Fixed an issue where the order invoice displayed the wrong payment terms when PayPal was selected as the payment method
- Redirected identity server URLs
- Fixed an issue where the AD S3 file uploader failed if URLs in the UniqueAssetURL file were invalid
- Fixed an issue where the AD S3 file uploader was not working due to bandwidth constraints. The new optional job parameter BatchSize limits the maximum number of files processed at one time, defaults to 100, and can be adjusted to up to 500 depending on your configuration needs.
- Fixed an issue where the Paymetric payment processor failed to accept new CardType values (see Connectors for Paymetric)
- Fixed an issue where using the "hoverStyle" and "activeStyle" properties did not work correctly for controlling hover and active color for buttons in Spire
- Fixed an issue where job statuses were showing as successful when issues were shown in the Elasticsearch logs
- Changed default swatching fields to an empty string, rather than Null
- Resolved an issue where bot traffic caused JToken errors during server side rendering in Spire.*
*Potential breaking change or breaking change for Spire
Related support articles