The following is a complete list of the bug fixes and enhancements provided in the July 2021 Release. Some of the bug fixes listed below may address existing Support Articles. A comprehensive list is at the bottom of this page.
July 2021 Release Highlights
There are no specific highlights for this release.
Important notes/Breaking changes
The following are the high or medium priority breaking changes that occurred during this release:
- Fixed an issue where a username appears in the URL when requesting a password change - Replaced the userName query parameter with the userId query parameter.
- Addressed checkout workflow tab order issues in Spire - Moved the action button's bottom grid item into a hidden component so it will no longer appear until the screen size reaches the necessary break points.
Low risk changes are:
- Made accessibility fixes for Product Detail page - The direction of the outermost grid on the product detail page now goes from right to left make the tab order focus through elements in the righthand column (which contains the product details and add to cart button) first before tabbing through the image gallery on the left. If a customer has overwritten the css for the grid container, the page might appear mirrored, with the image gallery to the right of the product details/add to cart button.
- Removed Microsoft.SqlServer.Types from allowed libraries list - Improved the internal build process and supporting Microsoft.SqlServer.Types requires a custom process.
- Altered the search index to accommodate attributes of the child products of variant products - This introduced a potential breaking change if the search pipeline in GetIndexableProductsSqlStatementParts that generates the SQL query was overridden. You should validate that the search index builds correctly and that returned attributes are what you expect. If you have not made changes to the search pipeline, everything should continue to work as expected even with this change in place.
Partners/Developers: You can view a cumulative list of breaking changes, including Spire breaking changes, at the bottom of this page. (Note the two tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet: one for cumulative breaking changes, one for Spire breaking changes.)
There are no database changes for this release.
- Added payment terms to Order History Details page in Spire
- Improved checkout workflow, tab order and button placement in Spire for accessibility purposes*
- Improved location change modal focus during checkout workflow in Spire for accessibility purposes
- Improved checkout workflow for accessibility purposes in Spire
- Improved product detail page for accessibility purposes in Spire*
- Improved performance on the storefront by only importing the Google Maps Library when required in Spire
- Removed polyfills for unsupported browsers in Spire
- Pre-sized the space occupied by content images to reduce shifting of layout while loading the page in Spire
- Reduced layout shifting while product images load on the page in Spire
*Potential breaking change or breaking change for SpireOther enhancements
- Added ability to display different images based on site and language. See Display translated images based on language.
- Added the ability to customize content based on user language in Classic Mobile CMS. See Using the mobile app CMS.
- Removed the ability to create a website in Master Edit mode for ISC_Implementer users
- Added Evo payment gateway integration. See Connectors for Evo.
- Created a processor for the AD Data Feed to consume a list of URLs from Amazon S3.
- Modified sorting of Order History page to return orders by descending date and order number. See Order and invoice history.
- Modified sorting of Invoice History page to return invoices by descending date and invoice number. See Order and invoice history.
- Added Payment Profiles to the Bambora payment gateway connector. See Connectors for Bambora.
- Added messaging for errors on CSD integrations
- Fixed an issue with robots.txt page not recognizing that there are updates to publish in Spire
- Fixed an issue with the PIM Refresh Published Products job failing with duplicate categories
- Fixed an issue with the SX.e API sending invalid credit card data for PayPal transactions
- Fixed an issue where pressing the back button causes an error on SSO login in Firefox (Spire)
- Fixed an issue with incorrect quote formatting for Google Tag Manager ID
- Fixed an issue where a 302 redirect should be a 301 redirect for Spire sites
- Fixed an issue where the variant of an item does not display pricing in Classic
- Fixed an issue with proper rendering of the Slideshow widget in Spire
- Fixed an issue with stopword duplication on rebuild search index
- Fixed an issue with email order pop-up window closing unexpectedly on mobile devices in Spire
- Fixed issues with custom email template functionality
- Fixed an issue with search terms not highlighting in search autocomplete in Spire
- Fixed an issue where a username appears in the URL when requesting a password change*
- Fixed an issue where a change to a My Account URL segment results in a 404 error in Spire
- Fixed an issue with the spinner/loading indicator not appearing on the product list page in Classic
- Fixed an issue with exporting product images and product specifications in Classic
- Fixed an issue with sitemap rebuild not working when Canonical Links for Products in Sitemap is active
- Fixed an issue with orders at checkout when the only payment option is purchase orders in Spire
- Fixed an issue with translation of brand and product line labels in Spire
- Fixed an issue with budget assignment to prompt user to configure a budget before selecting it in Spire
- Fixed an issue where payment method resets upon carrier/service selection in the Checkout - Review & Submit page for a logged-in user in Spire
- Fixed an issue with uploaded documents in the rich content area not displaying when clicked in Spire
- Fixed an issue with importing a correctly formed Category file that throws an error
- Fixed an issue with correctly displaying order notes between orders in Spire
- Fixed an issue with jobs failing to cancel and the status never changing
- Fixed an issue with button appearance on Quick Order View page in mobile view in Spire
- Fixed an issue with product images not showing up in the order history table of the Admin Console
- Fixed an issue with errors appearing when adding field translations for a category's content
- Fixed an issue where InRiver jobs fail inconsistently with the error "specified blob does not exist"
- Fixed an issue with successfully-processed files not moving to the Archive folder, which InRiver jobs read from an Azure connection
*Potential breaking change or breaking change for Spire
Related support articles