Note: This build for the February 2021 release includes fixes for an issue related to real-time pricing, an issue with one-time address settings, an issue affecting Spire customers with credit card payments enabled, and an issue that impacted only one customer that caused a guest cart to be marked as an abandoned cart.
The following is a complete list of the bug fixes and enhancements provided in the - 2021 Release. Some of the bug fixes listed below may address existing Support Articles. A comprehensive list is at the bottom of this page.
February 2021 Release Highlights
Users of the Spire CMS can now enter search data mode to see additional information about search results and search scoring. This functionality is the same as the parallel feature in the Classic CMS.
The Spire CMS now supports specifying font sizes for the responsive versions of the Banner and Slideshow widget. Users can enter a specific font size in pixels for text that was previously pre-defined. Users can also enable an option to center text vertically inside of the widget container.
The product list page for Spire sites offers the third 'Columns' view, which allows shoppers to compare up to three attributes for a list of products.
The Rich Content Editor in the Spire CMS allows adding additional tags in code editing mode. The <script> tag is still not supported, and event handlers are also not supported in the Rich Content widget.
When configuring link lists or navigation menus in the Spire CMS, users can link to pages that are unpublished. This option should be exercised with care, as it can create broken links on a site if the pages are not published before the site goes live.
As of the February release, only users with ISC_System Admin Console permissions can add or copy websites in the Websites tab. Any Admin Console user can update a new field called 'Display Name.' The value in this field affects how the website displays in the Admin Console and in the <title> tag of the storefront homepage.
Important notes/Breaking changes
The following are the high or medium priority breaking changes that occurred during this release:
Removed protected method GetHttpClient from IntegrationProcessorODataRefresh in WIS.
Changed CustomerNumber from int to long in Sx.e 11 Integration Connector (SFCustomerSummary.Request). Customizations referencing this would require a recompile.
Changed CustomerNumber from int to long in SX.e11 Integration Connector (OEPricingMultipleV4.Request). Customizations referencing this would require a recompile.
Partners/Developers: You can view a cumulative list of breaking changes, including Spire breaking changes, at the bottom of this page. (Note the two tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet: one for cumulative breaking changes, one for Spire breaking changes.)
- Added a new field to the Website table named Key (nvarchar(100)), non-nullable
- Added a warning if a site uses a newer version than NPM 6 in Spire
- Updated the responsive behavior for text on banners and slideshows in Spire
- Added the option to Enable Search Data Mode in Spire CMS
- Added the Search Score to the Search Results page when users enter Search Data Mode and searches within the Spire CMS Shell
- Create d a Product List Page Grid widget for customers to compare attributes in Spire
- Added a Filter Drawer to the Product List Page for the Grid view in Spire
- Added support for all HTML tags (except script), all CSS properties for styles and blocked event handlers for the Rich Content Editor in Spire
- Added the ability to merge CSS from the theme and component for the Select and Tag components in Spire
- Added the ability to merge CSS from the theme and component for the Hidden and Icon components in Spire
- Added the ability to merge CSS from theme and component for the DynamicDropdown and OverflowMenu components in Spire
- Added the abilit to merge CSS from the theme and component for the Breadcrumbs and Clickable components in Spire
- Added the ability in Page Creators to automatically inject nodeId helpers in page templates in Spire
- Added the ability to allow users to link to unpublished pages in Spire CMS
- Implemented Paymetric IFrame in Spire
*Potential breaking change or breaking change for SpireOther enhancements
- Removed SSL3 from ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol in the base code as this is outdated and should not be used
- Added three Gen2GarbageCollection-related settings to appSettings.config to help manage memory usage
- Created a mechanism to clear the static http client provider to the existing "Clear Cache" function in the Admin Console
- Updated the references of HttpClient to the new HttpClientProvider
- Added new logic to the FACTS connector for Billtos that are ShipTos in the Tax/Order Submit calls
- Added EbizCharge as a new payment gateway
- Update tooltip text for timeout setting to include anything beyond 20 min is a "violation" of the PCI compliance rules
- Removed the theme and website dependency from the Mobile CMS
- Implemented a mechanism to disable caching on a specific page to allow use of AntiForgeryTokens
- Added the ability to change website names in Kubernetes environments for users with the ISC_System role
- Modified the WIS installer to require .Net framework 4.8
*Potential breaking change or breaking change for Spire
- Fixed issue with the real time pricing cache preventing VAT calculation on guest customer
- Fixed issue with removing links then adding categories in the header causing a white screen in Spire
- Fixed issue with page creation not detecting when a page already exists then failing in Spire
- Fixed issue with server error in '/' Application appearing after a build
- Fixed issue with exported content causing StackOverflow error in Classic
- Fixed issue where VAT totals are not returned in a session when checking out with real-time pricing and VAT calculator enabled
- Fixed issue where if all cart items are restricted, nothing blocks the customer from placing the order
- Fixed an issue where deleting a category used in the Header Main Navigation in Spire corrupted the whole site
- Fixed an issue with the "An invalid signature was ignored" message populating the application logs in Spire
- Fixed issues with Variant Home Pages in Spire where updates don't save and the error "There is no content on this page to publish." appears
- Fixed an issue with a previous breaking change that caused a site to fail after ISearchPathBuilder was added to the constructor for Insite.PunchOut.Content.HeaderViewPreparer
- Fixed an issue with the mobile CMS periodically displaying the desktop storefront in Spire
- Fixed an issue with the sitemap not generating for an IsRestricted website
- Fixed issue with category assignment on refresh and assigning URLs in PIM
- Fixed an issue with site startup when resetting recurring jobs if no recurring period is established
- Fixed an issue with accessing the mobile CMS from the Admin Console not working in Spire
- Fixed issue with save of initial pages fails if provided page's parents do not have content.PageUrl data in Spire
- Fixed an issue where bulleted lists within Specifications have extra spaces added between some of the bullets in Spire
- Fixed an issue where an attribute type without a label displays a colon next to the attribute value in Spire
- Fixed an issue with Product Restriction Groups not working with custom properties
- Fixed an issue with dynamic categories pulling incorrect results when Product custom properties exist and the Product field isStocked = true
- Fixed an issue with the Calendar dates shifting on a mobile Spire site
- Fixed an issue with the Spire Brands page throwing an error when the maximum update depth exceeded
- Fixed an issue with the toast component not using icons in Spire
- Fixed an issue with IFS Aurena Order Submit where there was a mismatch with Termscode
- Fixed an issue with importing Categories when using "Ignore blank cells = NO" which removes parent categories not in the file
- Fixed an issue with exporting documents from a Product record causes fields to shift in the in the exported file
- Fixed an issue with importing Carrier Zone Rates throwing an error and not reading the fields on the imported file
- Fixed an issue with the PromotionEngine throwing an exception when attempting to validate a rule on the CustomerOrder fields
- Fixed an issue with the Category export being capped at 100 products
- Fixed an issue with the Allow One-Time Addresses setting when set to NO, which should automatically select the Use Billing Address check box during guest checkout in Spire
- Fixed an issue with viewing a product returns a RealTimePricing_PriceLoadFailed error
- Fixed an issue with startup problems in Azure that caused containers to restart hundreds of times in Spire
- Fixed an issue with TokenEx not showing the Credit Card Number or Security Code fields in Production in Spire
*Potential breaking change or breaking change for Spire