You can use the Admin Console to view content changes and products updates or test user permissions on the website. Access the content management system (CMS) from the Admin Console by clicking Site Preview.
You should be logged in with an CMS_ContentEditor, CMS_ContentDeveloper, CMS_SiteEditor, CMS_Publisher, and/or CMS_SystemAdmin account. You may also wish to have customer user credentials available to see the website from their view. You can read more about account roles here.
Users with the proper roles to modify the CMS must first log in to the Admin Console to access the CMS shell. This allows content admins and editors to log into the site using any account or remain unauthenticated to provide a unique content experience pertaining to personas, languages, and devices.
Once you have launched the CMS, log in to the website with a customer user profile to simulate the user experience for multiple roles, customers, and personas. You will see CMS capabilities based on how you are logged in to the Admin Console. For example, if you log in to the Admin Console as an CMS_SystemAdmin but impersonate a user who cannot edit the CMS, you can still see the CMS tools.
You can view the mobile, tablet, and desktop versions of CMS pages, but you cannot edit the CMS shell from a mobile or tablet device. Editing and creation of CMS content must be done on a desktop.
Access site preview
- In the Primary Navigation header, click Site Preview.
- Enable the Content Editor by clicking the ON/OFF toggle to show ON. If the website does not need to be modified, leave this toggle as OFF.
- Select the desired website from the list of available sites.
- The website opens in a new browser tab.
Enable Preview Login
You can enable a Preview Login system setting to limit access to testing sites.
- In the Admin Console, go to Administration > System > Settings.
- On the System Settings finger tab, go to the Security section.
- Toggle Enable Preview Login to Yes.
The Preview Login screen will show when you open the Spire site. Log in as a storefront user to view the site.