Connect your WordPress account to the Content Marketing Platform (CMP). Integrating with WordPress lets teams to do the following.
Configure workflows for publishing
To publish content to WordPress, you must have a workflow step that selects Set Publish Destination, Publish/Share, and Set Publish Date options.
Choosing a publishing destination
When you reach the step where you need to select the publishing destination, go to the Publishing tab on the task page and click Add Channel to select your WordPress destination from the menu.
The following widget displays. Select WordPress categories, authors, and tags, all of which are synced with your WordPress instance.
- Select Author – Displays authors defined in your WordPress instance. Select a writer to publish to WordPress with the proper attribution.
- WordPress Tags – Displays the WordPress tags defined in your instance. You can append the tags for your article.
WordPress Category – Displays your Wordpress Categories which are retrieved from WordPress. You can create a new category and optionally choose a parent category for the article if you have nested categories.
Publish as draft
To publish an article from WordPress instead of the CMP, select Publish as Draft. Deselect Publish as Draft to permit publishing from the CMP.
To publish articles through the CMP, deselect Publish As Draft, click Save the widget, and then publish the article.
- Click Edit Information to display the WordPress widget where the permalink, publish date, WordPress tags, categories, and authors are located.
- Select Move to Draft to move published posts to draft status.
- Click View Published Post to display the published article in a new browser tab.
Go to Optimizer > Information and the search engine optimization (SEO) section of WordPress publishing is in the text editor of the CMP. See also Optimize content for expanded information.
Publish or delete content as draft
Post a draft
Click Post a draft to push the article to the selected WordPress site as a draft, and a permalink is generated.
Click Sync to WordPress option to update the draft in WordPress. Changes made in the CMP flow to WordPress.
Click View Draft to see an article that was published as a draft.
Click Delete Draft to delete the draft.
Preview your content
Click Preview to open a new tab or window.
Publishing is dependent on the configuration of the task's workflow. The following tips describe how to create the most effective workflow for publishing to WordPress:
- Select the Publish/Share checkbox only for the final step of a workflow. That way, nothing is published before the final step and the assignee to the last step can verify that the publishing configuration is correct.
- If possible, select Set Publish Destination and Set Publish Date only for steps where an assignee would want to edit the publishing destination and publishing date. This avoids confusion for others editing different parts of the task.
- You do not need the select Publish As Draft when you publish an article. This avoid tasks accidentally being published as a draft instead of being pushed live. The Post Draft button is sufficient to push a draft onto WordPress.
- To republish an article, open the option menu (...) and select Copy to create a new task that is a copy of the published task. You can then publish the new task.