The Library view lets you manage, discover and reuse digital assets for campaigns.
Assets associated with completed tasks, published articles (both original and licensed), and shared images are automatically added to the library for later use. To add assets, click Upload. A dialog box shows a list of options to initiate your upload.
- My Device – Drag and drop, or select files from your device.
Stock Images – Select from stock images already available in the platform. Search with any keywords in the search bar and find your desired stock photos directly from the Library.
- Asset Address (URL) – Enter the URL of an existing asset.
- Box – Connect your Box account with Optimizely Content Marketing Platform (CMP).
- Dropbox – Connect your Dropbox account with CMP.
- Google Drive – Connect your Google Drive account with CMP.
- OneDrive – Connect your Microsoft OneDrive with CMP.
Google Web Search – Find mages from Google and add to the Library.
To set the asset file size limit, go to your avatar > Asset Management. An administrator can set the file size upload limit from 1 GB to 5GB.
Add assets to a campaign
On the campaign page, go to Content tab > Add > Upload or Add from library.
- If you select Upload, the assets are added to the Content tab and to the library Home folder.
- If you select Add from library, select the assets you want and click Choose. The assets are added to the Content tab.
- You can also add an asset to a campaign directly from the Library view. Select an asset and open the options menu (...) and select Add to > Add to Campaign.
Download in bulk
You can download assets in bulk from the Library view, or Content tab in a task or campaign.
- Go to Library > Assets.
- Select the assets you want.
- Click Download. The selected assets are downloaded to a zip folder.
Use automatic tagging
When you upload an asset to the library, tags are automatically suggested for individual assets. You can search for tags, such as flower, to find assets that have that tag. You can add or remove tags and click Save.
When you select an asset, you can edit its settings in the right pane. Click Apply, then Done to complete the upload.
Click Add Assets to upload more files.
You can view assets in gallery view (default) and list view.
- Gallery view – Hover over an asset piece and click it to view more information without leaving the page.
- List view – Hover over an asset piece and click it to view more information without leaving the page.
- Click Expand in the article preview pane to see more details about that piece of asset.
- Image Information – You can edit the information about the image.
- Related Assets – Displays other assets that are related to the asset.
- Asset Labels – You can add labels to the asset to aid in search results.
- Usage – Displays the history of the asset.
- Destinations – Displays feed and social channels (if any) to which this asset can be published.
You can download the asset to your local machine or start a workflow centered around the asset. To learn more about how to repurpose an asset, see Repurpose assets.
You can watch assets and receive relevant notifications about whether assets were uploaded into a folder, when they were deleted or had a version uploaded, and also before their expiry.
You can add watchers when you click on an asset in the library.
Once you select a watcher, they will begin receiving notifications related to the asset, as per their notification settings. Go to your avatar > your name > Notifications tab > Watcher Notifications section > Library tab to set notification settings. The watcher can select from a wide variety of in-app or email notifications as they desire. The watcher notifications are applicable for both assets and folders in the library so a user can choose to watch a folder or individual assets within the library.
View asset usage
After opening up the details page for any piece of content, scroll down to find the Usage section. Here you can see the details as to when and who reused the content